Goose sitting issue

canadiangoose

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 18, 2011
Hi, I have a 1 year old pet chinese goose, she started laying in about February, she laid her eggs then sat on them for close to 3 weeks without moving, I had to pick up her and destroy her nest so she would accept food and water. It passed and she was a happy healthy goose for a couple of months.
About 3 weeks ago she started laying again, this time I took her eggs away as she laid them (as to avoid her sitting on them, like last time)... She has no eggs and continues to sit on an empty nest, I have to go in pick her up 3 times a day and put her outside, she then spends 10-15 minutes, bathing, eating grass then back on the nest...

Is there anything I can do here??

Thanks

Can you fence off the nest so she can't get into it? Giving her babies to foster?

Ive tried closing the door, she stands at the door and gets very stressed, she has not had babies... she has only infertile eggs, she is my one and only goose.

I think you should consider keeping the door closed. Yes she will be stressed but it should break her broodiness.

Exact same thing happened to me. One year old Chinese White Goose. It was scary for us because she was in unsafe spot from predators. I now know that they do this for a few days when they're done laying for the season. I think mine got depressed that she's didn't get to hatch any eggs. She snapped out of it in three days.

Back
Top Bottom