goose snoring or wheezing?

zydrate

Chirping
Apr 16, 2020
heres a link to what sound it's making,
it sounds like a 'snore' when it breathes out, but only when its laying down, and it's not constant. I think theres at least two of them doing it(not in the vid but in general)
maybe it's possible all of them do it and I dont notice because when I'm out there they dont lay down most of the time, unless I'm there for a good couple hours or more, which is when I noticed it.

i give them duckling crumbles and pellets and vitamin b12, theres really no other indication that points to sickness but i remember having muscovys that had wheezing issues, though geese arent nearly as susceptible as far as I know, forgot the name of what the muscovys had but it was fungal lung thing that was common for their breed.
I dont remember my previous two geese making a snore like noise, but I could be forgetting since it's been years.

is it normal? should I be worried?

maybe, I'm not sure if they look at geese though, I'll have to check. any idea what could be the cause of the noise? they arent sneezing, or thin/lethargic or anything, its only when they lay down

I think that's what it was called, yes. but I dont think the geese have it. I've looked around more online and geese snoring seems kinda common? so I guess maybe that's it, as theres really no other indication it's anything else. the muscovys that had the fungal infection would wheeze all the time, whereas the geese only make the noise when they lay down and breathe out.
sorry for the bother

Back
Top Bottom