Goose with blue and brown eyes

Rentrop

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Santa Fe, Texas
Yesterday I picked up some geese that are supposed to be cotton patches. One of them has multi-colored eyes. His/her eyes are blue at the top, but brown on the bottom half. Is this normal?

Yesterday I picked up some geese that are supposed to be cotton patches. One of them has multi-colored eyes. His/her eyes are blue at the top, but brown on the bottom half. Is this normal?
Oh, nice! Pic?
If it´s male, it should be pretty well white with maybe pale grey feathers, and blue eyes. And the females should be either pied or grey with brown eyes for the grey, and brown or blue eyes for the pied. Maybe you have a pied female with a bit of both? Need pics.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Btw, true cottonpatches aren´t easy to find. (they´re also supposed to have pink bills) Most of them will not be up to the standard that the serious cottonpatch fanciers like to see. So, you may have cottonpatches, but with a little leeway for the details, like blue and brown eyes.

Last edited:
All of mine do have orange bills with a pink tint on the end and two of them have orange feet as well. So I guess they're technically faulty or maybe not even really cotton patch. I did see their parents and the had pink beaks and bills, so who knows. They don't want me to get close to them yet as I've only had them a few days so the pics aren't that great. I'm supposed to be picking up some of the Tom Walker line soon so at least I'll have some for sure soon. :)

Of course the Chinese Geese just had to be in the pictures too.

All of mine do have orange bills with a pink tint on the end and two of them have orange feet as well. So I guess they're technically faulty or maybe not even really cotton patch. I did see their parents and the had pink beaks and bills, so who knows. They don't want me to get close to them yet as I've only had them a few days so the pics aren't that great. I'm supposed to be picking up some of the Tom Walker line soon so at least I'll have some for sure soon.
smile.png

Of course the Chinese Geese just had to be in the pictures too.
Well, a huge number of geese have the orange/pink bill, then some breeds should be totally orange, and others totally pink. These look light of build, like cottonpatches, but the male is very dark in colour.
You´ll be getting the version of cottonpatch that are viewed as the elite! Enjoy them!
It doesn´t mean these ones aren´t cottonpatch, they´re just not as particularly bred as the Tom Walker version. If you do a search on google, you´ll find a number of cottonpatches that don´t measure up to the standards that Tom Walker worked toward. I hope this helps a bit. Enjoy your geese, they´re all great!
big_smile.png

Well, a huge number of geese have the orange/pink bill, then some breeds should be totally orange, and others totally pink.   These look light of build, like cottonpatches, but the male is very dark in colour.
You´ll be getting the version of cottonpatch that are viewed as the elite!  Enjoy them!  
It doesn´t mean these ones aren´t cottonpatch, they´re just not as particularly bred as the Tom Walker version.  If you do a search on google, you´ll find a number of cottonpatches that don´t measure up to the standards that Tom Walker worked toward.  I hope this helps a bit.  Enjoy your geese, they´re all great!  :D  

Thank you! I will! :)

Back
Top Bottom