gopher rat (big rat) in coop...HELP

Believe or not , less than 10 mins ago I went out side to ck on my traps that i had set and found him curled up and sleeping by one of the nesting crates on the ground in full view (had a flashlite) and it dint wake up ( iwasnt that quiet) anyway went back in the house and got my pellet pistol and hopefully solved my problem till the next one moves in.

Hardware cloth.

The only long term solution.

And certainly the humane one.

Chicken accommodations should be securely outfitted with hardware cloth anywhere that unwanted visitors could possibly gain entry at night. And food should ideally be taken up at night and stores of food securely containerized.

If there is nothing to entice other beings, they will move on to 'greener pastures'.

JJ

good job shooting the darn thing hopefully it doesn't have a whole colony in the area, I would get bait stations and use poison on them but not the pelletized poison as I have had them cart that all over creation and stash it, I prefer to use the larger block type poison that they actually have to chew off, I think this is more successful.

Back
Top Bottom