GopherBoy Farms Original Coop (addition 1/19/2009)

GopherBoyFarms

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 18, 2008
Vancouver WA
well, our chickens (25) are now 12 days old, happy and warm in the brooder in the garage....DH has started on the coop....might be more like a chicken house....8X12 and super tall....here are some pictures so far. We hope to be painting it next week

100_0012-1.jpg

100_0011-2.jpg

100_0013.jpg

100_0025-1.jpg

roof.jpg

It's been snowing and hailing all day...and just started coming down again....and work is still going on.

Will update more pics as the coop is completed. It will end up having 5 windows, and 2 vents, plus water and electricity.

Last edited:
Oh, my!! That is quite an undertaking for your husband. It's a good thing he's got the children to help him out.
big_smile.png

Beautiful setting there in your yard. I love to see these wonderful coops as they're being built with a scenic backdrop.
smile.png

Carla

your hubby an kids are doing a nice job of building your henhouse.your going all out putting power an water in there an thats great.keep posting pics of your progress.

I just announced to my DH that your DH was out building in the snow AND hail. He just glanced back at me and said "He's a better man than I."
lol.png
He claimed earlier today that the ground was too wet to work on ours.

And DH wanted me to add that so far all materials are salvage, so it will be a "green" coop. We took down a 2 car garage for the lumber, and took all the nails out of the wood, and are building with it. We have only spent $24 on materials so far.

100_0012-2.jpg

dont know if this works...but heres a link to us @ GopherBoyFarms
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=20934&p=21

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom