GopherBoy Farms Original Coop (addition 1/19/2009)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by GopherBoyFarms, Mar 28, 2008.

1. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    well, our chickens (25) are now 12 days old, happy and warm in the brooder in the garage....DH has started on the coop....might be more like a chicken house....8X12 and super tall....here are some pictures so far. We hope to be painting it next week

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's been snowing and hailing all day...and just started coming down again....and work is still going on.

Will update more pics as the coop is completed. It will end up having 5 windows, and 2 vents, plus water and electricity.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  2. CarlaRiggs

CarlaRiggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, my!! That is quite an undertaking for your husband. It's a good thing he's got the children to help him out. [​IMG]

Beautiful setting there in your yard. I love to see these wonderful coops as they're being built with a scenic backdrop. [​IMG]

Carla

3. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    your hubby an kids are doing a nice job of building your henhouse.your going all out putting power an water in there an thats great.keep posting pics of your progress.

4. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Beautiful job; lucky chickens!!!

You have a beautiful family!!!

5. Brian

Brian Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2007
    Jacksonville, ORegon
    Man...that floor looks as sturdy as can be! Looks great so far! Keep the pics coming as it progresses. [​IMG]

6. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    Going GREAT!

7. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Coop looks great.

Good luck [​IMG]

8. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Looks Fabulous!!!![​IMG]

9. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    I just announced to my DH that your DH was out building in the snow AND hail. He just glanced back at me and said "He's a better man than I." [​IMG] He claimed earlier today that the ground was too wet to work on ours.

10. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    And DH wanted me to add that so far all materials are salvage, so it will be a "green" coop. We took down a 2 car garage for the lumber, and took all the nails out of the wood, and are building with it. We have only spent $24 on materials so far.

[​IMG]

dont know if this works...but heres a link to us @ GopherBoyFarms
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=20934&p=21

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by