GopherBoy Farms Original Coop (addition 1/19/2009)

Well..........Did ya get r done yet??? I am dieing to see the finished product here.
big_smile.png

We will post some more pictures today. Hopefully if the weather gets better (like it's supposed to) we will be painting this weekend!!! We had the paint picked out, but it ended up being to pink and the chickens didnt like it, so we took it and had it remixed ....now it's a beautiful barn red! Thank you for your interest in our project. !!!!

It's wonderful!! You're getting (or your chickens are) a beautiful spacious coop and you're having fun building it. Does it get any better than that??
big_smile.png

now that I have wiped the drool off my chin let me say that you have done a awesome job! I am super impressed!! Keep up the good work and if you are ever in Georgia look me up cause I got 30 little chicks needing a new house,
gig.gif

Last edited:
Heres some of what we did today....

Insulation on one wall(insulation came from a friend that took it out of a job he was doing, we took it insted of it going in the garbage)
100_0002-4.jpg

then tar paper (tar paper was from the garage we took down, perfect way to get rid if it...use it it hold in the insulation)
100_0008-4.jpg
(OBS was from Halloween display)

Finishing nailing off all the OSB on the first wall
100_0010-2.jpg

This is what we worked on today...there will be many more pics tomorrow.

Last edited:
100_0013-3.jpg

worked on the pop door today.....
idea.jpg

100_0040.jpg

100_0041.jpg

100_0042.jpg

100_0043.jpg

100_0044.jpg

this will all be inside the wall....hopefully tonight!
100_0045.jpg

100_0036.jpg

100_0037.jpg

We started out with a toilet flush handle thing I (BeaverGirl) picked out for the pull handle....it didnt work to well. So this nice chrome ring is what GopherBoy came up with.

Last edited:
GopherBoy we just love your chicken castle. We are getting ready to build one of our own. We really like watching yours go up. We are getting very excited to start ours, we are living through your pictures right know. you are doing good I hear it has been raining alot. My Mom say it should be nice on Friday. They live in La Center. Great job I love the door. My husband wants one now thanks for all the great ideas. Keep the pics coming.

Erica:yiipchick

Last edited:
Are you sure you dont want to come to pa and build mine???? Shoot mine will look like a shack compaired to that! Well I am starting on mine today. Wish me luck! I have to go get the permits and level the ground. I want to get white rocks to put down as the foundation so I Hope to get all that done today! But who knows what will actually get done. LOL Keep up the good work and keep thoes helarious pics comming! JEN

Back
Top Bottom