GopherBoy Farms Original Coop (addition 1/19/2009)

Great job. We are still working on ours. And thanks for the laughs.
lol.png

Quote:
Yes we did make the nest boxes. We got many great ideas off BYC and DH went from there....I think they turned out perfect!

I thought we where all finished but we forgot last night to put the stainless steel kick plate on the door....so here is a picture of that (and this picture is in daylight)

100_0001-7.jpg

and the porch light that we thought was perfect for the coop
100_0003-8.jpg

One of the best things is this.....(the view I now have from my kitchen window above the sink)
100_0014-8.jpg

(the wire on the outside of the kitchen window is to keep the cats from escaping but still letting them go outside)
we have built a page and entered in the contest. I have a few things yet to do to the page tonight and DH has the plans that we are going to add to the page.

~Tiff~

Last edited:
wanted to share this too...

this is how we keep the pop door from being pulled open by "critters" . It's a old skeleton key that is inserted and that blocks the door from being pryed open
100_0036-2.jpg

100_0035-3.jpg

then when its out the door can be opened with no problem.
100_0034-2.jpg

And I must admit, it took me a while to get the angle right to get it out so i dont think any racoon will be able to do it.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
WOW - That is the most awesome chicken coop I have ever seen - and the most entertaining chicken coop thread I've ever read! Great job! And thank you for sharing all the pictures. Your family is a true blessing. The kids are so darn cute and that husband of yours is a riot! You are one lucky lady - in every meaning of the word.

GREAT JOB!!!!

Wow! It has really turned out beautiful guys! I think you have built a very stunning coop and the price tag is what is the most amazing thing of all. GopherBoy certainly is a talented carpenter!
Although, I'm almost sad to see it finished. I loved checking this thread from time to time to see what y'all were doing now. You will have to start a new one with the futher adventures of Gopher Boy Farms.
wink.png

What an amazing coop!!! These chickens are living the high life on your farm! Great job Gopher Boy!

Thanks for all the laughs along the way!
big_smile.png

I just now went thru this whole thread and
ep.gif
. Yall have one of the most beautiful coops I have ever seen. Great Job
clap.gif
Yall made me
clap.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
jumpy.gif
pop.gif
&
hit.gif
laughing so hard. Thanks so much for the wonderful job you did for your chickens and for sharing with us. Thank You also for the funny way yall show us this Family built coop!

I think it's never ending....and thats a GOOD THING!
Lance (GopherBoys alter ego) is a great artist in many ways. So he made this beautiful sign for the coop.......
but then GopherBoy and WeaselBoy went to hang it on the coop.............

100_0013-9.jpg

I wasnt to happy to see the beautiful sign upside down!
100_0014-9.jpg

Ok....after the yelling and being shown what side is UP
100_0015-9.jpg

100_0016-7.jpg

This is the view our neighbors have of our coop
tongue.png

100_0017-8.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom