Gordie's Chicken List Black and Blue Orps UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree...when I write him I ask him how much he wants for it and if/when he has it. Who knows his prices may have changed and lord knows w/someone his size stock is constantly changing. But, I too agree w/the individual that if he can't get it to you, get it where you can. That's the American way. LOL

Thanks Jody, I was the one that posted about his birds and hatching eggs for sale. It was one of his email flyers I got from him and I figured with the quality of birds and very healthy started birds I've gotten from him, I can help him out. Little did I know it created a monster
lol.png
and he thanked me enough for promoting his birds. He is a very busy guy and he would put folks on the list. Many a times, some of the emails from folks like us ended up as a spam email and he would have trouble figuring the emails so he does not get a virus or something like that to crash his computer.

Looks like his Blue and Black Orps are either not laying at this point or booked for the year. You can just try and I do have his phone number if anyone wants to PM me about his birds.

As for the Blue Laced Red Wyndottes, I have never seen them nor know where he got them from.

He has Yogiman in touch many times and they do correspond each other often. He did wanted to sign in this forum but I dont know if he knows how to start or possibly computer illiterate like some of us did when we had no idea how to sign on this forum. I am certain he will do his best to please everyone but not everyone would get a positive feedback from him....can not please everybody and everyone! I just fired off an email to him about his Welsummers....

Vicki I am sorry you didnt hear from him......would a phone call help? Remember he runs a dairy farm and tends to his sick father. Sometimes I dont hear from him for two weeks and then he responded with an apology for not getting back to me sooner and asked me if I am still interested in his eggs or birds. Now thats a good person to deal with, in my opinion!

He has several things on Eggbid right now on hatching eggs...

Quote:
Thanks Ewesheep, but it is ok. I found what I wanted/needed so I am good. I know it was not intentional, but it did sort of bug me that he is selling on eggbid some of the very things I asked for, but told me he was booked. However, I have no doubt he is a nice person, or you and others would not have recommended him. Part of the problem could have been that I wanted Welsummers, BLRW and Blue Orps, all very popular and he may have had trouble filling all three at the same time.

I emailed Gordie late last night....he emailed me back right away....and I have 10 Blue Orp chicks coming!!!! WOOHOO!!! They were hatching as we were emailing.
3.00 x 10 chicks= 30.00
15.00 for shipping
10 Blue Orps....PRICELESS!!!

As for the blrw I just won a dozen on eggbid last night from him. I can keep everyone updated if you'd like. Three months ago I hatch some from blisschick and had an awesome hatch rate, but 8 were cockerels and only 2 were pullets - so I decided to try again, but I'm mixing the blood a bit. Blisschicks chicks are absolutely beautiful by the way.

Yep....I got blue/splash/black Orps, and Polish chicks from him and my mother added in BLRW and Polish chicks too. Shipping was rough on them, but he was great to work with and kept in constant communication with me. He's a really nice guy and loves chickens.

thumbsup.gif

I got an email from him last week that his Welsummer girls arent laying and he is actually begging them to start laying!!!
gig.gif

I got 6 White Langshan eggs from him off of Egg Bid. He didn't realize I had sent the Paypal payment and my eggs didn't come so I emailed him. He was very apologetic and said he would get them in the mail right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom