Gordie's Chicken List Black and Blue Orps UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I have registered Nubians, and a couple of pet Nigerian Dwarfs. I have several Nubians for sale....your friend need any goats? I'll make her a heck of a deal! LOL

Try this............... http://dillsalittlegoatfarm.com/
wee.gif

LOL....I was thinking that was who you were referring to. I've bought stock from her before. She has many, many goats! I am very small scale compared to her...
smile.png
It's a small world, isn't it?

Well, despite the Sulmet, I have lost another of Gordie's chicks and still have one that doesn't look good. No more bloody stools, though. This is very frustrating. I have a hatch of chicks that are two days younger than the ones I got from him and none of them are sick. In fact, they are growing much better, and I hatched all of them under a broody. One of my mother's chicks from him is not doing well either. So far, we have lost 5 of the 25 we received, and will possibly lose 2 more. ARGH!!!
he.gif
:barnie

Well I hate to be the poster of bad news
sad.png
I was hoping to post this morning with some great pics of some Gordie chicks.

Order 12 Received 12.

4 were dead when I opened the box. Well 3 but 1 only lived a few more minutes.

When I got home 1 more died within an hour.

Now another and that makes 6 dead.

2 of the last 6 are barely breathing.

4 was looking ok about an hour ago but 3 of that 4 are now laying down, fading, just like the others started out.

Only one is standing. eating, drinking, chirping, and eyes open!

I don't know if I could ever go through this again~~~~~

Oh my gosh Eliz! I'm so sorry!

Please know that is *not* normal. Meanwhile, RUN and get some gatoraide to get eletrolytes in them. Sugar water if you have to.

How old were these chicks? I'm more than a bit concerned just hearing from one person that 4 day old chicks were sent. :-(

Guess I'm glad when I e-mailed him a few days ago, the things that I wanted were still not available.

Last edited:
I did get to the feed store and get the pack of vitamins and electrolytes. Not helping at all. Another one just died. At this point I am sure all of them are going to be dead by dark tonight.

I understand that they hatched saturday or sunday and he mailed them out monday evening. I picked them up this morning at 7:15

This has to be the sadest thing ever!!

I thought to day would be a great day.

This is awful to happen to you. I just finished emailing Gordie expressing my concerns and asking for reassurance from him on the age of the chicks when they will be shipped out. Now of course, the weather is not co-operating either. If they were older we could have him put in something moist for them to eat but not at this age. I am praying your chicks will snap out of it. I have purchased several eggs from different very, very reputable folks and have only had one healthy chick hatch from all those eggs. I was really hoping that live chicks would fare better.
idunno.gif

Oh gosh! Thats not normal! I know Gordie is good about sending out chicks and I did have some week olds with some day olds chicks and they all came thru great. He puts in apple pieces in the box when I took the chicks out. All of them were alive and well and had two died on me under my own neglience, not Gordie's fault.

Sometimes (from a friend who used to work at the PO), she said the PO employees sometimes have fun shaking the box hard just for kicks to hear chicks screaming in the box. Hopefully this is not the case but it does happen. And once in a great while, they like to box kick the shipping boxes of all sizes. I would love to put THEM in the box and give it a good shake and kick until they can not take it anymore!
smack.gif

Quote:
You have got to be kidding me. Are you saying that the P.O is to blame for the chickens dying and dying off after they've arrived from the posts above?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom