Gorgeous Rooster..Please Help me ID him!!!

They are still easter eggers with or without bearding although the buff hen looks to have a buff beard to me. Easter eggers are defined by egg color, nothing else, although they often bear a resemblance to Ameraucanas (which are bearded).
Thank you..I hope that these eggs hatch out and look like the parents when grown. He is just a really pretty bird, the hens are GREAT layers (of course as of now my entire flock is banties so anything is a good layer to me..lol) ....I guess I can just hope for the best, I searched every site I could find comparing pics and nothing looked even close to the roo, but he is the roooster that you can picture in a country style kitchen in a painting on the wall..thats just what he reminds me of and why I was hoping he was a actual breed..Now there is a hen in that flock that looks like she has some frizzle type feathers but they are only on her around her face and there is only the one hen like that(and shes not even one that looks like the roo)

Part of the joy of easter eggers is that you never know what you'll get.

When the facial fluff is the same color as the surrounding feathers, it's less noticeable. But, this gal is muffed/bearded:

Most EEs are. If you don't see wattles, they are bearded.

Last edited:
You know, I never really paid close enough attention to see what their wattles look like..It took me almost a week to get the pics that I managed to get, but was also trying more for pics of the roo(I thought that it would be easier to identify the breed that way.) I will look for that one has the beard..now there is one hen that looks like she has a frizzled neck-- all of her neck feathers turn upwards. **Sorry for the lack of correct terminolgy, I am horrible at that. **

So I just got a good look at the hens--boy is that a flighty flock compared to my Silkies and RIR crosses...anyways..there are 3 hens that are the color of the roos neck; like that cream-gold color...anyways those 3 all have a 'beard'?? If they have wattles, they are very hard to see bc I didnt see any..

Back
Top Bottom