Gorgeous Roosters in Alabama

5ChicksinDixie

Chirping
Sep 18, 2015
Alabama
Hi! I have 4 gorgeous roosters, half Brown Leghorn, half Golden Seabright. They are almost as big as their brown leghorn dad. He is worth his weight in gold and so far his sons seem to take after him. He's very protective over his girls, but friendly with my dogs and cats. Their mother was killed by a hawk so I have hand raised them. They are so sweet and I wish I could keep them but I have 6 roosters right now and I only need 2. I am willing to give them away or trade them for pullets or hens of almost any breed. I just want them to have a good home. Please let me know if you are interested in one or more of them.
Thank you so much!

Last edited:
HI,

My rooster was killed by a vet last September. Heartbroken. Was a bird vet who did not know how to anesthetize poultry. I would be happy to take a bird. Will be treated like a member of the family, I know how smart roosters are. Once you have had a rooster as a buddy, not many critters can compare.

Alabama is a bit of a drive from Ft. Lauderdale, but they can be shipped with special shipping boxes that have food, etc. They ship overnight. bird should do fine.

Will pay all expenses. Here is my animal rescue web site: www.angelsindistress.com

Thanks!

Steve Rosen

HI,

My rooster was killed by a vet last September. Heartbroken. Was a bird vet who did not know how to anesthetize poultry. I would be happy to take a bird. Will be treated like a member of the family, I know how smart roosters are. Once you have had a rooster as a buddy, not many critters can compare.

Alabama is a bit of a drive from Ft. Lauderdale, but they can be shipped with special shipping boxes that have food, etc. They ship overnight. bird should do fine.

Will pay all expenses. Here is my animal rescue web site:  www.angelsindistress.com

Thanks!

Steve Rosen

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for contacting me! I'll PM you so we can work out details.

HI,

Doesn't matter which rooster I get. I might refer you to my tiger sanctuary in Attala, Alabama. See www.tigersfortomorrow.com Run by Sue Steffans and husband Wilbur on a 140 acre preserve. They are the BEST big cat sanctuary anywhere and have devoted their lives to the amazing animals housed there. If you can't get the roosters to me, Sue has ducks and I believe other chickens, etc. Not sure how far you are from Attalla, but I bet Sue would take them all. Easy to care for, lots of room to run around. They can crow at the tigers! Would love to see that and probably not far from you.

Trying to get up there myself. My favorite is Katie, a Siberian tiger. She will talk to you just like many small house cats will. Its a bit deeper and louder but same idea. They have a full size male Grizzly that her husband will go into the enclosure with. We rescued four black bears from Ohio Wildlife jerks recently that were kept in steel boxes with no windows. The place is worth the trip. If you like, I will contact Sue about taking them in. She will take about anything EXCEPT..............monkeys, but I am working on her.

The address is: 708 County Road 345, Attalla, AL 35954 | 256.524.4150

Maybe that will work out for you. She is around 60 miles Northeast of Birmingham. Trust me, its worth the trip there to see the critters.

Keep me posted

Steve

HI,

Doesn't matter which rooster I get. I might refer you to my tiger sanctuary in Attala, Alabama. See www.tigersfortomorrow.com Run by Sue Steffans and husband Wilbur on a 140 acre preserve. They are the BEST big cat sanctuary anywhere and have devoted their lives to the amazing animals housed there. If you can't get the roosters to me, Sue has ducks and I believe other chickens, etc. Not sure how far you are from Attalla, but I bet Sue would take them all. Easy to care for, lots of room to run around. They can crow at the tigers! Would love to see that and probably not far from you.

Trying to get up there myself. My favorite is Katie, a Siberian tiger. She will talk to you just like many small house cats will. Its  a bit deeper and louder but same idea.  They have a full size male Grizzly that her husband will go into the enclosure with. We rescued four black bears from Ohio Wildlife jerks recently that were kept in steel boxes with no windows. The place is worth the trip.  If you like, I will contact Sue about taking them in. She will take about anything EXCEPT..............monkeys, but I am working on her. 

The address is:  708 County Road 345, Attalla, AL 35954 | 256.524.4150

Maybe that will work out for you. She is around 60 miles Northeast of Birmingham. Trust me, its worth the trip there to see the critters.

Keep me posted

Steve

That sounds wonderful! I love cats of all kinds.

Back
Top Bottom