Gosling’s foot is turned under, help please!

Jenbirdee

Expecting Miracles
Premium Feather Member
Aug 9, 2020
Maryland
he hatched under his mommy about 18 hours ago approximately . he was trying to eat pine chips and mommy goose was standing up to let me see him and i think she wanted to take him to food and water but he stumbled and can’t walk. so i picked him up and his foot is bent under. but i gently straighten it and it’s flexible so i think a little boot splint thing can help!? i took him away from parents 😢 so i can try to help him. momma goose still has 3 more eggs hatching., i hope she stays with it? do you think taking one away, will disrupt her brooding the others to finish the hatch? One of them already has a hole in it the size of a nickel. ( baby coming out soon) here’s pictures
4188A44A-F34E-4C06-B3AC-2477D47ECA35.jpeg
8EB3E285-156A-4321-A1AC-98273918C4F0.jpeg
46671B14-55A5-405B-BED0-F83FC6FD4C7F.jpeg
36D5E694-BCFB-41B4-93F3-AEBD37078FF8.jpeg

he hatched under his mommy about 18 hours ago approximately . he was trying to eat pine chips and mommy goose was standing up to let me see him and i think she wanted to take him to food and water but he stumbled and can’t walk. so i picked him up and his foot is bent under. but i gently straighten it and it’s flexible so i think a little boot splint thing can help!? i took him away from parents 😢 so i can try to help him. momma goose still has 3 more eggs hatching., i hope she stays with it? do you think taking one away, will disrupt her brooding the others to finish the hatch? One of them already has a hole in it the size of a nickel. ( baby coming out soon) here’s pictures View attachment 3825856View attachment 3825857View attachment 3825858View attachment 3825860
I got away with putting my ducklings foot down on a piece of tape on a flat surface. I put a piece of tape on top of it to hold it in place. By morning I could not believe it, it had gotten the tape off and was walking just fine. This was after two weeks of not being able to use it and it's leg not working at all at first. The leg started to work on its own and then I did the foot which was curled up just like your baby's is. Good luck with it, it's absolutely darling!!!!

Back
Top Bottom