gosling advise needed

reggiejr

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 19, 2009
maine
My buff goose has been sitting on her eggs for the past month at least and just when i was about to give up.
I went out to do my chores this morning i had a big surprise waiting for me at least one baby gosling was under her wing!!!
Question is now Ive raised many from the hatcheries but this is uncharted ground for me.
Do i just let her be?maybe put a heat lamp and some food and water in for the baby's in their house.
Do i remove them as they come and put them under a heat lamp in my brooder and introduce them back to mom in a few weeks?
Would she except them back in a few weeks?
From what i could see she was treating the baby just fine I just want to make the best choice.
The gander lives with her but he spends 99% of his time in the field eating while shes inside her house on her eggs.
For the most part my geese are pretty non aggressive and laid back i'm not sure if they would hurt the baby's or not tho?
What would you do?Thanks

Congratulations!!!
jumpy.gif

Oh, that happened here two weeks ago -- they are so much fun! If your weather is pretty warm, I'd think they will be fine outside -- I moved the momma geese and their babies into our barn for two weeks because we had so much rain predicted and they were first time mommas. When I brought them back outside a couple days ago, though, the babies did just fine, so I'm thinking they probably would have been fine outside even with the rain.

thanks for the advise everyone.
I checked on them this morning and all is well mom and baby looked happy together and overnight the gander even acquainted himself
with his new baby gosling and he wont even leave the goose house now either!The weather is very nice right now 70's-80's so far so good.
I also put food and water in the house for the gosling but i'm not sure if it has had anything out of it yet or not tho.
When i let them out in the morning he usually charges out strait to his pool.Not this morning he's staying right with mom and his new baby.
So all is well so far thanks again.Maybe later i can snap a couple of pics.

thanks for the advise everyone.
I checked on them this morning and all is well mom and baby looked happy together and overnight the gander even acquainted himself
with his new baby gosling and he wont even leave the goose house now either!The weather is very nice right now 70's-80's so far so good.
I also put food and water in the house for the gosling but i'm not sure if it has had anything out of it yet or not tho.
When i let them out in the morning he usually charges out strait to his pool.Not this morning he's staying right with mom and his new baby.
So all is well so far thanks again.Maybe later i can snap a couple of pics.
pop.gif

Here are a few pictures we took today.

Precious pics, but have to say the one with your daughter and the gosling made me feel very un easy and I hope you don't get offended but if she dropped that gosling accidently that gosling would be injured and possibly pretty bad.

Back
Top Bottom