Gosling Behavior Help

Beccatrix

Songster
Nov 28, 2021
Wisconsin
My goslings will be 7 weeks old on Monday. The Pilgrim goose has been pulling out the tail feathers of the Buff for awhile (hence signs of Blue Kote). I believe both to be female. Their coop is almost ready. They have been separate in their brooder for about 2 weeks now. She doesn't seem to bother the 3 ducks. I am concerned because the behavior continues when they are outside, when they have foraging, their pool, etc. Any thoughts or ideas on curbing the behavior would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 20220702_150548.jpg
    20220702_150548.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
I’m not much help here because I haven’t had one do this yet but maybe offer something that’s funner to chew on than each other. Stuffed animals, busy bags, towels, ropes, dog chew toys can all make fun goose toys.
x2. Exercise, keep the goslings too busy with distractions to noodle.

Good luck!
So this started after they had 4 times per day indoor foraging activities and swimming while they were younger, and after they were having daily outings and swimming for several hours each day. I have toys, puzzles, etc. That's why I'm so concerned about it continuing.

My goslings will be 7 weeks old on Monday. The Pilgrim goose has been pulling out the tail feathers of the Buff for awhile (hence signs of Blue Kote). I believe both to be female. Their coop is almost ready. They have been separate in their brooder for about 2 weeks now. She doesn't seem to bother the 3 ducks. I am concerned because the behavior continues when they are outside, when they have foraging, their pool, etc. Any thoughts or ideas on curbing the behavior would be appreciated!
Put a small planter with grass in it. Ours did the same to her sister, but once the grass went in, she preferred to pick that.

Back
Top Bottom