Oct 15, 2020
South Carolina
Back in march my mom brought home goose eggs from someone who was giving them away to eat. I’ve incubated geese before and she thought I’d be interested in hatching them. We were unsure if they were even viable but I put them in the incubator and a few days later we had veins. The person who gave us the eggs said they were “white with knobs” so guessing white chinese geese, but immediately after hatching we saw they were not white at all. Their beaks were black with pink/orange tips. When my mom told the person, he said there was one brown goose that may be a parent (assuming the father). As of now I’m assuming they’re just brown Chinese geese, I was never relayed specific information on their breed so I’m really unsure of what I have. I’m not very knowledgeable on Chinese geese specifically or on crossing colors/breeds, they don’t appear to be pied. One gosling has a defined white line across her breast, and the other doesn’t. What would a white Chinese goose and brown Chinese gander produce? Are they just standard brown Chinese geese? Here’s some pictures of both of them in no particular order.

Attachments

• IMG_7888.jpeg
    IMG_7888.jpeg
    489.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7516.jpeg
    IMG_7516.jpeg
    362.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7378.jpeg
    IMG_7378.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7198.jpeg
    IMG_7198.jpeg
    413.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7891.jpeg
    IMG_7891.jpeg
    705.2 KB · Views: 14
By the pattern in there coat they are probably 2 colors of geese breed together. white and grey. Height in the beak is Chinese or African or mix of both or even more mixed in.

Brown and white Chinese are essentially color variations of the same breed. White, a dilute gene, masks other colors, so a white Chinese goose is just a brown Chinese with the dilute gene.

The babies with the white patches on their beaks or chest will have white patches as adults.

Brown and white Chinese are essentially color variations of the same breed. White, a dilute gene, masks other colors, so a white Chinese goose is just a brown Chinese with the dilute gene.

The babies with the white patches on their beaks or chest will have white patches as adults.
Love your answer. So hard to explain generics. Then dealing with breeds that came form (grey Leg heritage (Europe) and swan goose Heritage). Then add back yard see what we get. Great News you have beautiful babies and geese are incredible. Love your babies

Back
Top Bottom