Gosling dying in my hands

no real change yet thanks for asking. I have narrowed it down to either her brooder or her feed. She is too weak to graze so we have been hand feeding her. I just watch what he brother eats in the yard and then I pick some and feed her. Last night she seemed to be doing better and I went to sleep feeling better but this morning back to being lethargic and walking backwards. I have upped the dose of the save a chick by 1.5 times and bought leafy vegetable greens from the super market. Hopefully she starts to respond to something. I have spoke with metzer farms actually with John Metzer himself. They are looking into it hopefully soon we will have a change one way or the other its the not knowing that's driving me nuts.

Is a vet an option? What does her poop look like?
vet is def an option but no vet in my area has experience except emergency vet. unfortunately I can not justify $250+ for the evaluation. called a large animal vet that. he says that he would suggest doing what I am doing. her poop is no longer runny it is more like solid I guess so im hoping that is a good thing dunno. I am now feeding her salad greens like kale and chard and lettuce. plus im going to try poly vi sol tonight when I get home

Sorry if you said this and I missed it, but what are you feeding her? We covered niacin. My thought though if she is walking backwards, has trouble moving her neck around, etc, is that it might be a neurological issue. It could well be the start of wry neck. I would start her on Poultry Nutri Drench ASAP. They can hatch with this if the parent wasn't getting proper nutrition when the egg was created. They can also have it without others getting it because some just need more vitamins etc than others to develop properly. So even if the feed is fine for one, another can have problems on it.

Give her a few drops of Nutri Drench orally each day and also mix it into her water. Hopefully you will see improvement.

Even if you are using other vitamin supplements, switch to Nutri Drench. It's better because it actually gets directly into their blood stream immediately, meaning they get more out of it and there's no time waiting for it to get into them and start working.

Sorry if you said this and I missed it, but what are you feeding her? We covered niacin. My thought though if she is walking backwards, has trouble moving her neck around, etc, is that it might be a neurological issue. It could well be the start of wry neck. I would start her on Poultry Nutri Drench ASAP. They can hatch with this if the parent wasn't getting proper nutrition when the egg was created. They can also have it without others getting it because some just need more vitamins etc than others to develop properly. So even if the feed is fine for one, another can have problems on it.

Give her a few drops of Nutri Drench orally each day and also mix it into her water. Hopefully you will see improvement.

Even if you are using other vitamin supplements, switch to Nutri Drench. It's better because it actually gets directly into their blood stream immediately, meaning they get more out of it and there's no time waiting for it to get into them and start working.
I have 5 eggs in the incubator now, and I'm new to geese. Should get some drench to have on hand when they hatch or just start with vitamin packs in their water? It's only day 7 in the in the incubator and I'm already getting worried!:/

I have 5 eggs in the incubator now, and I'm new to geese. Should get some drench to have on hand when they hatch or just start with vitamin packs in their water? It's only day 7 in the in the incubator and I'm already getting worried!:/

For anyone hatching any breeds, chicken, duck, geese, etc, Nutridrench would always be a useful thing to keep in stock... jmo...

Back
Top Bottom