Gosling has curled toes and I need advice

Thank you so much for all of the great advice! I do have it's "boots" (as we like to call them) back on it, and they seem to be straightening out, but even if I tape them down well they don't want to stay spread out and it seems like it's webbing isn't developing as wide as it should be because of it. Also where the webbing was dried out and shabby looking by it's outter toe is still not looking to be healed. Is there anything I can put on to help it heal and moisturize it's skin on it's webbing? As far as vitamins I put an electrilyte supplement in their water that is supposed to have vitamins in it, and I also put brewers yeast in all of their food. Do I need to put a dedicated b vitamin supplement in along with that? I like the water paddling idea, that's something we have been wanting to do anyway. They are about two weeks old and growing like weeds lol. They are so adorable! As a side note, is it normal for them to sometimes fling fluid out of their nostrils when they shake their head, and also to sometimes wheeze a little bit when they breath, and to sometimes poop nothing but water(only happened a couple times)? These things don't happen all the time only every once in awhile. I have another thread asking about these kinds of things but nobody has responded yet for some reason. Thanks so much for all the help with the sweet little goslings!
I know you will get more responses. I may be wrong but wanted to say that I don’t think the vitamins with the electrolytes is really enough. It helps to boost their immune system I think but not quite enough to help your gosling. Can you send an updated picture of his feet? We’ll see if we can see that thread.

Thank you so much for all of the great advice! I do have it's "boots" (as we like to call them) back on it, and they seem to be straightening out, but even if I tape them down well they don't want to stay spread out and it seems like it's webbing isn't developing as wide as it should be because of it. Also where the webbing was dried out and shabby looking by it's outter toe is still not looking to be healed. Is there anything I can put on to help it heal and moisturize it's skin on it's webbing? As far as vitamins I put an electrilyte supplement in their water that is supposed to have vitamins in it, and I also put brewers yeast in all of their food. Do I need to put a dedicated b vitamin supplement in along with that? I like the water paddling idea, that's something we have been wanting to do anyway. They are about two weeks old and growing like weeds lol. They are so adorable! As a side note, is it normal for them to sometimes fling fluid out of their nostrils when they shake their head, and also to sometimes wheeze a little bit when they breath, and to sometimes poop nothing but water(only happened a couple times)? These things don't happen all the time only every once in awhile. I have another thread asking about these kinds of things but nobody has responded yet for some reason. Thanks so much for all the help with the sweet little goslings!
Also wanted to say if you post questions on a generalized part of forum like the emergency section, it may take longer to get a response. It’s a good idea to post under say duck or goose, etc. it’s eSier for people to see and the ones that get on there most likely will be able to give advice. Just a thought!

First off I’m glad he seems to be doing better! I would think as long as you keep doing what you have been doing hopefully he will get better. Some things take longer to heal. You want to correct the feet issue while it’s early and he’s young. Hopefully some more experienced members will see this and give you better advice about your continuing care for his feet. That’s very important to correct now if you can. As for the plopping down when he can’t catch up-is it due to his feet or does he seem weak? If he seems weak you may want to give him vit b complex for his bones and in case of vitamin deficiency. I have 2 young goslings that are bonded. They are probably about 11weeks old now. One had some issues that I had to stay on top of and play nurse. I haven’t had the curled toe/feet issue to deal with. He is on the smaller side. His mate is a bit bigger. Geese grow fast so yes I would say some grow faster than others. Be sure the chick starter is non medicated. I’ve never given mine that but many do. Mazuri waterfowl and purina flockraiser seems to be popular for the ducks and geese. It’s more formulated for them. If I see you haven’t gotten an responses to this I will tag a few members who are quite experienced with waterfowl. The members who did give you help on this are a few of them. Hope this helps a little.
Thanks you so much! It really doesn't seem week overall, he/she is very spunky and talkative, and seems pretty energetic. I think it just has trouble because of its feet at the moment. It will waddle over to its food and water when it wants, but while it's sibling will often stay standing while it's eating and drinking, he/she will just plop down. Although it does seem to stay standing now more than it use too. I really need to figure out the gender on these two lol. I just don't want to stress them putting them through that and I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to sexing anyway. And now they are two weeks old and I think about triple the size.

I know you will get more responses. I may be wrong but wanted to say that I don’t think the vitamins with the electrolytes is really enough. It helps to boost their immune system I think but not quite enough to help your gosling. Can you send an updated picture of his feet? We’ll see if we can see that thread.
I really appreciate that! I will get a picture when I get home from work tonight and post it.

For those of you who recommended a b vitamin supplement, which supplement should I give it and where can I get it?

Durvet Liquid B Complex usually TSC carries it, it will say injectable but we give it orally over a small tasty treat so we can be sure they get full dose which is 1 ml
here is info.https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/
as for his feet any type of triple antibiotic or Neosporin or Vetrycin spray for wounds and infection will work to help heal. If you can place a non stick pad under the tape that should help to. Swimming around in warm water is great therapy to help strengthen their legs along with the liquid b Complex.

Back
Top Bottom