Gosling has curled toes and I need advice

Also, is it specifically a supplement for fowl, or is it a general supplement for all animals?
If you are talking about the vitamin b complex the links Miss Lydia posted may have picture of what bottle may look like. I’m not familiar with rural king. I’m in Texas so tsc as well as my local feed store carries it. The popular brand is Durvet but I can’t always get that brand on the shelf. My brand is Aspen. You should be able to find it at any feed store. Hope this helps.
Yes it’s for all animals.

Attachments

• E38BDD37-9184-42BB-9D90-18D70CE324E9.jpeg
    E38BDD37-9184-42BB-9D90-18D70CE324E9.jpeg
    388.8 KB · Views: 4
Call and ask they may not carry Durvet but if you look at that link there are other brands.
I don't have a TSC close by so I
IMG_2710.jpeg
ordered online this is the brand I have. Agri labs. The Durvet is another option. it says injectable but we use it orally.
IMG_1292.jpeg

Here us an updated picture temperature. They are getting straighter, but the middle toe is still curved sideways, and it's webbing looks like it might be underdeveloped. I try to keep it's toes spread when I splint it's feet, but they keep coming back together in the splint. I tried to let them swim in the sink last night, but that didn't go well lol. They both freaked out for some reason. They are two weeks old, I hope I didn't wait to late to introduce them to swimming. I ran the water at about room tempurature.

Attachments

• 7922.jpeg
    7922.jpeg
    351.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 7924.jpeg
    7924.jpeg
    406.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 7926.jpeg
    7926.jpeg
    722.8 KB · Views: 4
The water needs to be warm so they don't chill. Being they are only covered in down they can't maintain their body heat to keep them warm. I'd try the tub start with the water up to tops of their legs. Then as they start enjoying that raise the level of the water. until they can float you have to do this slowly. They will love to play in water once they get used to it.
In the first pic the foot and skin looks good. The feet and webbing will grow as the gosling grows.
get them on a good quality liquid b complex to help.

Here us an updated picture temperature. They are getting straighter, but the middle toe is still curved sideways, and it's webbing looks like it might be underdeveloped. I try to keep it's toes spread when I splint it's feet, but they keep coming back together in the splint. I tried to let them swim in the sink last night, but that didn't go well lol. They both freaked out for some reason. They are two weeks old, I hope I didn't wait to late to introduce them to swimming. I ran the water at about room tempurature.
I’m no expert but they seem to be improving. Heed everyone’s advice! They know what they are talking about. This looks like something that will take a bit longer but at least they are on road to recovery. Don’t give up.
Like Miss Lydia says-be sure water warm and don’t let them chill. I put mine under lamp to warm up after I let mine swim in tub when babies.

I'm grateful to report that whiles it's feet still aren't perfect, it is running keeping right up with it's brother, and standing much more as well instead of just plopping down. I think the the inner toes being straight is really helping, even the the middle and one outer tie is still curved. I don't know if I should keep splitting them at this point or see how it does like this. Enjoy the goose run!

Attachments

• 20230501_050521.jpg
    20230501_050521.jpg
    587.1 KB · Views: 3
Keep up the B complex And watch the feet to make sure they stay as good as they are now. You can see how the gosling does without splinting hopefully he/she won't need the splints anymore
If you can post a video it would be good if we can see how well the gosling is walking.
Sounds like great progress though. .

Well everybody, I am very grieved to report that my little baby rockstar(that was her name) got attacked by a stray dog while we were getting them used to the outdoors, and she passed away. I don't think I have ever cried so hard in my life. I love that precious little gosling so much! Her brother is safe, but he seems to be taking it kind of hard, as am I. That is his only hatch mate. We have really been comforting each other. I went to tractor supply and they happened to have a couple about two week old white Chinese goslings, so we got them so he doesn't have to be alone. This really hurts so much. I love and worship Christ and I don't think it says anything about whether animals can go to Heaven or not, but I sure hope they do. She has such a beautiful personality and is so sweet! Every time I go to mix up food and run with the other geese it brings back the joyful times taking are of her, talking and singing with her and running laps with her. I didn't know you could love an animal that much! Geese have so much personality. I love you all and thank you for helping me with her little feet. They were looking so good. I hope she will be waiting for us in Heaven.

Back
Top Bottom