Gosling hatched naturally, but parents keep it sequestered.

Thank you for the update.

So very sorry about your son sure hope he can get help. :hugs

If you decide to try the ducklings with the geese stay close by because you never know how they may react and ducklings being so tiny can get trampled very easily. Or attacked.

I would def candle and get rid of any that are not viable they will eventually explode that will not be good.

Precious pics:love

Thanks for well wishes. Finally, today got my son on a plane to get to a 30 day treatment. It was like pulling every tooth in his head, to get him from his home onto the plane. I am so emotionally drained right now, but relieved.

I am minding the gosling while the adult geese are outside for the first time since the baby was born. l noticed main mom's feet, legs, and bill are very pale. I give them kale, lettuce, cabbage, and bokchoy every day and vitamins mixed in feed. Maybe because she hasn't gotten a lot of exercise.

When candled, all eggs left are dense, but nothing happening with them. In fact, the girls are leaving them more and more. Might have to remove them. No more ducklings, three to count. So cute. All standing straight up and fidgety with feet like a runner duck.

Oh and I did try the duckling with geese and decided they were tooooooo tiny. Without meaning harm, they could accidentally hurt them. I have seen a goose stand on the little gosling's foot until the little guy put up a fuss.

Does anyone have an idea how to determine male or female for a Roman Tufted gosling? I don't know how to sex it.

Thank the Lord for today!

Attachments

• IMG_20180131_203050.jpg
    IMG_20180131_203050.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20180202_164838.jpg
    IMG_20180202_164838.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
The ducklings and gosling will provide a valuable distraction during this challenging family journey. Sending good wishes to your son and you.
At this point the eggs are a week late. If the girls are giving up on the eggs, I'dlisten to them and toss. If you can stomach it, you will learn something about why and when they failed if you did an eggtopsy or three. Candle one last time checking for movement. Listen for peeping. Smell it then decide.

Thank you. I got confirmation from the facility that they picked him up on the other end, and he is indeed there. I can breathe, knowing that as he detoxes he will have medical staff and a doctor with him.

All excellent advice. I will listen to the eggs, and do all steps you suggest, and then do the eggtopsy, if I feel I can't, my husband said he would. I want to get eggs out, especially if not viable and clean the nest. Yeah, that's a good reminder, they are overdue.

The geese didn't care that I had baby in my shirt, they would come check on him/her, then go back to grazing.

Oh my gosh how precious, I just love that pic of your gosling snuggling in your jacket. You were their gosling sitter.
And those ducklings :love

I am also sending prayers and good wishes to you and your son.
:hugs

Oh yes. Ryan Gosling is doing great. He got outside, with me following every step of the way, and got in swimming pool for first time. They grow so fast.

Cleaned out their nest. I was brave and opened all eggs, only one egg had a partially developed gosling, but it smelled bad and didn't appear viable. And phew the others were just rotten. Added in new bedding/hay, but they haven't laid anymore eggs. Pretty sure the girl that laid last year, and laid the most eggs this year, hadn't been mounted much by the gander. He is more for the girl he came with as a pair. Ryan is adorable, but not to keen on me getting near him, but that's okay, the parents take excellent care of him. And they are back to being more relaxed and friendly. Anyone thinking of getting a goose, I strongly recommend the Roman Tufted.

We ended up with six ducklings and I have sold them all. So cute, that was hard, but have enough ducks, certainly because inherited my sister's last Blue Swedish with a chicken pecked eye wound.

For those who read about my turmoil and about my son - he isn't mad at me anymore for sending him to alcoholic rehab. He did have a seizure the first night, and that was very scary. He is doing wonderfully and I thank the Lord and all the support.

Animals, and birds, haha I say, are the best comfort.

Thanks for inquiry, just had to get past a few things.

Everyone, spring is coming. Enjoy!

P.s. the pool water may look dirty, but I clean and refill everyday, it's important to me, this pic is after some water cleaning for the adult geese.

Attachments

• IMG_20180211_171127.jpg
    IMG_20180211_171127.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
What an adorable gosling makes me want some :oops:

Thank you for updating about Ryan gosling and also about your son. So thankful he is getting help and isn't mad at you any longer. Tough love has to be many times what brings them around.

Hope the Swede with eye injury heals up too.

Thanks so much. Having people care is what it's all about.

Ryan is adorable, his little strut is so cute. It's still fascinating to me to watch the geese with their baby. Daddy watches him outside, and Ryan sticks beside him. Since only one gosling was born, we are definitely keeping him.

The Blue Swedish is doing much better and has been accepted by other ducks. We named her Penelope. The day after she came our equine vet was here, ironically for an eye wound on our horse, she took a look at Penelope and gave me some meds and instructions. Our horse is doing much better too. We love our horse vet so much.

Back
Top Bottom