Gosling heavy breathing after thunderstorm

Gablikesbirds

Hatching
Feb 2, 2023
I recently got a gosling to raise for our home pond, since he is around 2-4 weeks old he's staying in my bedroom mostly sleeping with me since i did not find heating lamps for sale (i live in a rural part of brazil), since we got him he was a little skittish as is expected in a new place, but has been energetic and happy after the first day, he eats warm goosling feed and warm water, but since a thunderstorm he got super scared due to a thunderbolt/lightning and is breathing very heavy, didn't want to stand up while drinking water nor eat food.. its odd to me because he eats and drinks lots of water then goes back to sleep. I'm really worried because this is my first baby and i want to make sure he's ok
3813BFE7-9E0F-4D21-9404-FBD076D2F832.jpg

Ooh! What a cutie! A thunder storm shouldn't result in shock, but this twerp may be very sensitive. Give him warm sugar water to drink with baby vitamins in it. Make a soft boiled egg for him to eat. If this is shock, this should bring him out of it.

Keep him warm by letting him snuggle in a fuzzy cloth warmed in the microwave, but be sure it isn't so hot it will burn.

Back
Top Bottom