Gosling Losing Voice? (Is She Sick?)

It does look heavier than normal, it could be stress that’s causing him to breath heavily or if he’s eaten a lot it can cause similar heavy breathing. If he’s still eating, drinking, and active it’s a good sign, if he worsens, starts acting subdued and tired, stops eating he’ll probably need a vet.
The stuffiness seems to come and go. Like right now he seems to be breathing normally, and I can't hear it. So maybe it is stress and/or something environmental. Or it sounds like maybe something could be stuck in his nose maybe?

The stuffiness seems to come and go. Like right now he seems to be breathing normally, and I can't hear it. So maybe it is stress and/or something environmental. Or it sounds like maybe something could be stuck in his nose maybe?
Possibly, usually you’ll see them sneezing and shaking their head if there’s something stuck in their nose.

My first impression was that your goose might have stuck its head out of the crate, been scared, and injured its throat by jerking its head back in too quickly. It came to mind because Galaga did that when he was about six weeks old with a chain link fence. His voice hasn't ever come back, but his harem outnumbers him 5 to 1 so he doesn't have much to say anyway.

My first impression was that your goose might have stuck its head out of the crate, been scared, and injured its throat by jerking its head back in too quickly. It came to mind because Galaga did that when he was about six weeks old with a chain link fence. His voice hasn't ever come back, but his harem outnumbers him 5 to 1 so he doesn't have much to say anyway.
Oh! That makes a lot of sense! I've been worried about her sticking her head through it because she tried it quite a bit to get out (whenever I had to leave, and she hates when we're not around). Now her head is too big to fit through at all, thank goodness, so there's less chance of her injuring herself. Her voice still hasn't gone back to what it was, but she is able to make other chirps and calls fairly similar to before. It's just like when she's trying to not be too loud, it sounds like she's pretty whispery, lol.

Back
Top Bottom