Gosling Needs Help

Luvs Ducks

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2016
I have a Saddle Back gosling in need of help. The poor thing was attacked in their pen three nights ago. We have been to the vet for stitches and antibiotics. My biggest problem is she doesn't want to eat. I'm force feeding her a little bit with a straw, so she's getting some food and she will drink water a few times throughout the day. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Also, she will sleep with her head on the floor, I've never seen any of my other ones do this. Any ideas on this? She seems so sad and it's like she's lost the will to live.

unnamed.jpg
Gosling.jpg
This is how she sleeps.
unnamed.jpg

Did the vet mention tube feeding? can she have a buddy in with her? they do so much better if not alone.

@casportpony is a good one to help with feeding.

He did not mention that. Her wounds didn't appear to be that bad, but she certainly isn't doing well. I will contact @casportpony for help with tube feeding. I also just uploading another picture of her sleeping on her head.

Are you keeping her warm enough? Can you call the vet and talk to him about what you should do to keep her properly hydrated and fed? If she were mine I would tube feed, and I can teach you how, but I would feel better if you consulted with your vet first.

Aww Bless so precious.

Tube feeding for support is a really good way to go and getting her a bud do you have other goslings that can keep her company.

I had her in with a buddy yesterday and she just laid in the corner and the other one wouldn't go lay beside her.

Are you keeping her warm enough? Can you call the vet and talk to him about what you should do to keep her properly hydrated and fed? If she were mine I would tube feed, and I can teach you how, but I would feel better if you consulted with your vet first.

I am picking up so anti inflammatory medicine from him today. Will definitely talk to him about that. Thank you. I will be in touch.

Can you take the gosling with you and have them give her some subcutaneous fluids if they think she needs them?

Back
Top Bottom