gosling question PICS added, help me

Here is Essie (short for Easter) at 1.5 weeks and at 5 weeks. You can see how the bill and feet are changing colors. And a picture of her with Chris(short for Christmas) and there you can see how orange they will be when she is grown.

She is going through her awkward teen stage. Part down, part feathers. I can't wait till she can go swimming with Chris in the creek but right now it's just to dangerous for her. She could still drown.
Chris is a love. He loves to be cuddled and held and follows us every where like a puppy. Essie is getting better all the time as we handle her a lot. She loves to go to sleep with her head on your shoulder. (but remember to put a towel under their butts!!)
Hope this helps
Jacie

crisessie3.jpg

crisessie2.jpg

crisessie1.jpg

sara has geese what ? LOL thats great have fun with them you know you will be addicted and will soon be posting about your geese incubation adventures
lol.png

Hopefully they turn out friendly. We have two toulouse (male and female) and the male is just rotten. They are allowed to roam and will steal the dogs food from the dog!. He loves to charge you and grab you on your thigh and twist. Hurts like heck, I took them to my in-laws, dad loves them but my mother-in -law goes in and out of the house with an umbrella to get to the car because he is so mean. He will run after peoples car in the driveway and bite their tires!

Very cute little goslings, Sara! They do look like toulouse but they also look like my mutt toulouse/african african/chinese mixes. Did you buy them as pure bred goslings are just a barnyard goose?

My toulouse are little cowards. They posture and hiss then run. Until they have babies to protect,boy they do a VERY good job of that.All bets are off then,I'm not allowed within 20 feet of the babies. I'd say on the whole they're really nice geese.

Quote:
I bought them as goslings. The box didn't have anything written on it. I paid like 2.00 each for them, so I figured they were cheap enough to try geese out with.

I guess I'll just have to see what happens as they grow. Hopefully they will be friendly.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom