Gosling with Messy Bottom

SassiFowl

Hatching
Aug 6, 2019
My Sebastopol gosling hatched 3 days ago and was active and healthy at first. Today I noticed her backside is very wet and messy looking. She seems to have diarrhea as I’ve held her in a towel for an hour or two at a time and she is only making wet spots. She appears to occasionally strain, squeak, and wiggle her tail as if trying to poop but produces nothing but watery drips. I’ve put electrolytes in her water and tried to keep her quiet today (away from parents) since she’s having trouble keeping up. She is mostly sleeping and seems wobbly in her feet. She eats chicken starter feed, has access to grass, and I’ve shredded her fresh parsley. Any advice?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 30
When they are eating anything other than chick grit in brooder situation they need chick grit to help process it. When she was with her mama she would have had access to it in the ground most likely.

She’s still drinking so I’m trying some pineapple juice which was recommended in other constipation threads. She does not appear to be eating much though she has access to starter feed. She goes in with the parents at night and I also let her out with them during the day though I give her rest periods to sleep.

Never heard of pineapple juice helping with constipation. But molasses will help too just be careful of what ever you give her as young an tiny as she is.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom