Gosling with slightly twisted toes - how to fix?

adrian

Songster
10 Years
May 12, 2009
Regina, SK
My gosling, who is about 12 days old, has two twisted toes. I don't know why I just noticed this. Both her toes on the outside of her feet are twisted, so that when she stands, they are not straight, but stand sort of sideways. One is worse than the other. Her feet are still springy and flexible. Is there any way to fix this? I want to get it fixed, if possible, sooner than later.

I know there is a away to splint the foot to allow the toies to straighten.. Try to search for foot splints or splayed leg ..Should give you the basice atleast.... Good luck

I used some sticky foam pads to correct bent toes on a duckling last year.

46956_duckling_shoes.jpg

I bought some corn pads meant for human feet and cut them down to the right size and shape. They were sticky enough to stay on for a few days- but could still be taken off without too much trouble. The duckling could still walk around wearing them and it only took a few days to correct the problem.

Well, she's very young and her toenails are not very long, so I assume it's just how they are.

They aren't supremely bent and simply seem to 'curve' in an odd fashion... And only two toes, on the outside of each foot. It almost seems like, as she grows, they are resolving themselves, though... Thanks so much for the info, I'll keep an eye out on her and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom