Goslings coming! Need advice..............

Discussion in 'Geese' started by jerseygirl1, Jun 28, 2011.

1. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    OK, I have the bargain assortment from Holderreads coming this week - the paper they sent said the first hour, give them only greens, then waterfowl starter. Problem is, my DH is picking them up at the post office,bringing them home and putting them in their set-up then off to work - so what should I do - give them both, greens and feed from the start?

2. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    Put down towels in their brooder so they don't eat shavings. Then cut up green finely and sprinkle them on the water in their waterer. Put the food in a container on the other side of the brooder... I'm thinking a couple of feet here. Dip their bills in the water and they will take it from there. You are going to love your new geese. Mine are 10 weeks old, big and a lot of fun.

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Pictures? Update? [​IMG]

4. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Quote:Aw, thanks for asking! Holderreads did not have enough to fill my order, but have no fear - I am already pencilled in for early April of 2012 for two shetlands and two american blues!!!

5. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:Aw, thanks for asking! Holderreads did not have enough to fill my order, but have no fear - I am already pencilled in for early April of 2012 for two shetlands and two american blues!!!

That stinks! But awesome you put in a order for next year!
    I'm already starting to think about what I want to order! Maybe some Magpies or Dutch Hookbills or Runners or Silver Appleyards or Saxonies??
    I can't even decide...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by