goslings feather eating

jack & mommy's duckies

Songster
9 Years
10 Years
Jan 24, 2010
Ok...not sure here but I have 4 of my sebbies eating each others butt feathers.

They have plent of space.... they are off the light they weren't using it anyways. And when they were it was a red bulb. lots of food, lots to blankies to chew on....and trust me they are chewing on everything. and lots of greens

Just not sure.

I now have them seperate and we will see if that helps...any other ideas???

jack & mommy's duckies :

Ok...not sure here but I have 4 of my sebbies eating each others butt feathers.

They have plent of space.... they are off the light they weren't using it anyways. And when they were it was a red bulb. lots of food, lots to blankies to chew on....and trust me they are chewing on everything. and lots of greens

Just not sure.

I now have them seperate and we will see if that helps...any other ideas???

How is your weather? I'll bet some grazing time on warm afternoons would help,​

lol...I still have snow on the ground. Ya no outside time for these guys yet
sad.png

jack & mommy's duckies :

lol...I still have snow on the ground. Ya no outside time for these guys yet
sad.png

Sorry about that, but I did ask before I suggested.​

Wooooooooo right now the stuffed toys are working like a charm. Woooo they are eating and chewing on them like crazy. If I have to give them new ones every day to keep it exciting I don't care...wooooo

My goslings last year wanted to chew on each others feathers too. The stuffed animals helped for awhile. Just make sure there aren't any parts on the stuff animals they can get off. I learned the hard way thinking they could never get eyes and noses that were sewn on tight. Boy was I wrong. They swallowed them and it scared me to death. It is amazing what those tiny bills can do
smile.png

Poop...the stuffies have work for all but one goose who is now pretty raw. I've covered the other with gauze and tape to protect them while it heals. And removed the one that is badly eaten and he will have to spend a few days with me.

Only the sebbies are the ones doing it...and only to sebbie babys. The African gosling are fine...the ducks are fine. I just don't get it. Oh well maybe cause it is red it is attracting them to it. Hmmmmm learning experiences every where you turn
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom