Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Thank you Miss Henny Penny and serv.... I will post the other two goslings after the finishing drying and have them on wet paper towels to help keep the yolk sac wet until it goes in further on the two.
Looks to be another grey and possible white. Not sure on the lighter one yet because it can be from either of my white females Nessie or Vanessa, plus the one gander curly is white Dillan and the other gander they are in with is Berrie my solid blue smooth breasted gander.

Ruru, congrats on the newest set of goslings and having a good hatching season.
clap.gif

Serv, did you get your adorable gosling hobbled yet??

Happy Easter all:

So imagine our suprise tonight, 28th day and checked on the final five eggs embdens. You need to understand we have a brinsea 190, so we have different eggs at different weeks. About to transfer the five into the lock down bator for the final stage and 4 of the 5 have externally pipped at 40% humidity!!!. So have now transfered all five into the other bator and ramped up humidity to 80%. Aware I could be risking fifth egg but cannot believe the state the other four are in considering that the eggs have been rolling every 30 minutes until now.

So will keep you all informed in the morning. Finally, also have a friends miniature appleyards in the bator of which some have set anyone know how long they tend to be for incubation?

Last edited:
hope everyone had a great Easter
I had a sweet little African grey goose hatch in the wee hours...omgosh it is the sweetest little thing
I have a few questions this is my first goose hatch...is it normal that it sort chirpy sings constantly? I've held her a lot all snuggled in a blanket she nuzzles in my neck and sings that little chirpy sound
she isn't quite up on her feet yet kinda scoots around still
she's not very interested but I always give my babies a little drop of vitamins so I gave her some too

how does she so like she's doing to you?

Woosh! I've missed a lot being busy at work.
D.gif

Congrats to everyone with new babies. Loving all the pics. Hope everyone else's eggs are doing well.
I turned off the incubator this morning. The Egg started dying a couple of days ago but I was in denial and was hoping I was just seeing things. The auto turner doesn't seem to be working.
sad.png
I'm going to leave it for now, I can only get shipped eggs and I'm obviously not good at goose eggs. There is a possibility I have a hen going broody. If she does I will get more and give them to her.

Still, I have 2 lovely geese...1 lovely goose and Moaning Malcom Myrtle!
lol.png
who has moved on from attacking a small jack russell to a big fat beagle! Someone isn't going to see their first feathers! Speaking of feathers, the tufts that are coming through on her tail and back are grey!
big_smile.png

This is them today. It was really warm, I cleaned and filled up the paddling pool so naturally we sit and play in a puddle!
roll.png

Lovely pic of them enjoying the puddle! So, Moaning Malevolent Myrtle Malcolm is getting some feathers! And grey ones, too. Are they much paler than Moose´s grey feathers? I´m guessing so. Shame about the other egg. But you never know, you may just have a pair there already! I have an 8-month-old grey mixed-breed that I just cannot decide what it is. I think it´s a butch female! Then the next day I think it´s a soppy male! It mostly behaves like a female. There´s just something about Moose in that pic that makes me think female...I think it´s the depth of the belly. And that Moose is so easy-going!
I hope your chicken soon goes broody. Will you pop 2 or 3 eggs under her?

Well of 14 egg all stopped but one it was due to hatch tomorrow. I came home from celebration with family and it had died before internal pipping. :(. I had to hatch it just to check it out. It had a huge yolk sack not yet absorbed. I almost assisted with it's pipping but didn't want to be to early. 4 more eggs going in to the incubator. One goose is broody on 8 eggs. Hopefully she can hatch them better than me. ;)

:bun [COLOR=FF99CC]Happy Easter to all the geese lover's on here!!! [/COLOR] :bun [COLOR=FF99CC]Look what the Easter Bunny left me![/COLOR] :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy [COLOR=FF99CC]There are 5 of them but 2 are still in the incubator. [/COLOR] :bun :jumpy :jumpy [COLOR=FF99CC]Three grey goslings. Will post the other two when dried off in the incubator.. [/COLOR] :bun
Happy Easter! And Congrats! The Easter Bunny was very generous to you, those goslings are adorable!

Back
Top Bottom