Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Indeed they have!

I had to pick Wonder up and bring him inside today to go ahead and bandage up his wing. He's still letting it droop, and because of the way his body hits it all the time as he walks, the feathers actually did start to turn outwards. He just never folded it up on his back anymore, so I wrapped both wings, and the wrapped the bandaging around his body to hold it all. He's mad at me, but he'll get over that part, lol.

Picking him up, however, made me realize how big he's gotten. I don't usually actually pick them up, so he was kinda squirming as I carried him away from the others and inside. With as big as he has gotten, it was a little challenge to keep him under control! But thankfully he's no where NEAR as bad as my top rooster who somehow always gets a wing free and flaps it, hitting my nose EVERY SINGLE TIME. Wonder can't do the damage that rooster does (yet). Thankfully, that rooster is otherwise 100% calm and peaceful. He won't attack anyone. Just don't try to pick him up!

Can you post a pic of how you wrapped Wonder's wing? I have a gosling who has angle wing and I'd like to see if I am wrapping it right. The first gosling, that had angle wing, I was not able to correct it. I'd like to do better this time with this baby.

Can you post a pic of how you wrapped Wonder's wing? I have a gosling who has angle wing and I'd like to see if I am wrapping it right. The first gosling, that had angle wing, I was not able to correct it. I'd like to do better this time with this baby.

Unfortunately, you won't really be able to see much other than the bandage that goes around his entire body. The wing bandage is covered by that.

But essentially I just folded his wing onto his back, with the tip of it UNDER the rest. So the feathers from his shoulder to his "wrist" are all on top of the feathers past his "wrist". And then I bandaged the whole wing to keep it folded like that, and then bandaged his body to keep the wing in place. At first I didn't bandage his body, but he kept trying to stretch and flap the wings, and caused that wing bandaging to shift. So I decided to go ahead and secure it against his body to keep him from trying to flap it.

Unfortunately, you won't really be able to see much other than the bandage that goes around his entire body. The wing bandage is covered by that.

But essentially I just folded his wing onto his back, with the tip of it UNDER the rest. So the feathers from his shoulder to his "wrist" are all on top of the feathers past his "wrist". And then I bandaged the whole wing to keep it folded like that, and then bandaged his body to keep the wing in place. At first I didn't bandage his body, but he kept trying to stretch and flap the wings, and caused that wing bandaging to shift. So I decided to go ahead and secure it against his body to keep him from trying to flap it.

This is my second go with a gosling afflicted with angle wing. I failed to correct the condition in the first gosling, though I wrapped its wings. I hope to succeed with this baby. I will add a layer of vet wraparound it's body tonight when I change the wrapping. It looks a little tight, so I am going to re-wrap and then body wrap the gosling. Thank you so much. Let's hope I can give this gosling a normal happy life free of angle wing.

Indeed they have!

I had to pick Wonder up and bring him inside today to go ahead and bandage up his wing. He's still letting it droop, and because of the way his body hits it all the time as he walks, the feathers actually did start to turn outwards. He just never folded it up on his back anymore, so I wrapped both wings, and the wrapped the bandaging around his body to hold it all. He's mad at me, but he'll get over that part, lol.

Picking him up, however, made me realize how big he's gotten. I don't usually actually pick them up, so he was kinda squirming as I carried him away from the others and inside. With as big as he has gotten, it was a little challenge to keep him under control! But thankfully he's no where NEAR as bad as my top rooster who somehow always gets a wing free and flaps it, hitting my nose EVERY SINGLE TIME. Wonder can't do the damage that rooster does (yet). Thankfully, that rooster is otherwise 100% calm and peaceful. He won't attack anyone. Just don't try to pick him up!
Hopefully you can get it squared away pretty quick if it is angel wing. I know what you mean about those wings, my goose got me in the face and bent my glasses, you should have seen the look on the techs face when I took them to be straightened He said that was a first for him .

Greetings all been a busy weekend our latest batch of embdens hatched out , all six are girlie's we suspect. The other suprise was that one of our ladies hatched two more in the shed.

you asked for it!

goslings and ducklings.these are the little guys that are put in every night

the oldest 2 groups of Dewlaps, they haven't been adopted yet and go in the shed on their own.

the older ones are starting to feather

and they gather at my feet

or close by

Embden baby with buff Dewlap the same age...
Who would have guessed that the Embdens are my tiny babies.

Everyone all together again
love.gif

love.gif
That's a lot of babies. Love the pictures!!!
Greetings all been a busy weekend our latest batch of embdens hatched out , all six are girlie's we suspect. The other suprise was that one of our ladies hatched two more in the shed.

Those are the best kind of surprises. Congrats!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom