Gossling leg issue

Suzq4060

Chirping
Apr 15, 2021
My 3 week old gossling has a weak leg. Difficulty standing before he/she collapses to a sitting position. Walk and runs but I'm seeing him/her favoring one side. The joint looks a bit swollen. Giving the flock vitamin w niacin from Metzger but don't think it's doingv the trick. He/she swims in the baby pool but favors,a leg. Any suggestion?

Is the joint crooked at all? And what temperature is the pool? It might soothe the pain, if there is any pain. Does the gosling have curled toes?

No visual issues at all except for the weakness in the upper part of leg. I spoke with Metzgers; their advice. Add niacin to water, brewers yeast to food. They hate the taste of the brewers yeast so avoid their dry food. They are now 3 going on 4 weeks so are getting grower pellets now. The pool water is pretty warm considering our Temps are in the upper 90's. He runs and walks like the others (5) but it's weak for standing. Good appetites. Poop like something out of jurassic park! OmG..

Try Nutritional yeast on their feed my babies eat it from the beginning. 1 Tab to each cup of feed and liquid BComplex . TSC has it usually 1 ml over a tasty treat just for this gosling.

Back
Top Bottom