Got 2 ducks and I think I want 1 more

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Newchickparents, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Newchickparents

Newchickparents Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2011
    South Euclid
    [​IMG] We got 1 Pekin and 1 Blue sweedish not sure of the sexes, but after see the Kahki I think I want one of them too..We have 9 chicks coming in tomorrow...Am I insane???[​IMG] DH kept tell me NOOO ducks until we went to the feed store to pick up a book on chickens, and he fell in love [​IMG]

What do you all think?? BTW I'm so new to this...Mom to 3 kids, 5 dogs, 2 cats, ferret, hamster, fish and 4 daycare kiddo's...Mishelle

2. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    I think you need 10 more!!! Ok maybe its just me, but I think there are never enough ducks [​IMG] they are sweet and funny and just make you feel better with their silly antics [​IMG]

3. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    you wont be able to stop [​IMG] duck math... I started out saying i was gonna get 10 ducks and 2 geese and now i am up to 17 ducks and 2 geese waiting for 6 more ducklings and thinking about a couple more ducklings and another gosling. someone help me!

4. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    You are just about as insane as the rest of us here. One more won't make a big difference in how much care you need to give them. I love my ducks, but we had to get a minimum of 8 at tsc 2 years ago and they really mess up their brooder fast. So you have to change the bedding constantly because they are super poopers who splash their water everywhere. besides I think they bond with their people better if they are raised in a smaller group.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by