Got a big one today!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jenesis536, Apr 6, 2011.

1. jenesis536

jenesis536 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    CA
    Our 5 girls are laying 5 eggs a day now... today we got a big one!

[​IMG]

2. jynnjynn

jynnjynn Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2010
    Ouch [​IMG]
    I think she deserves some treats

3. NightCode

NightCode Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2010
    one of mine laid a big one like that 3 days in a row all double yolked. [​IMG]

4. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Wow, and ouch! Love the egg colors, too. [​IMG]

5. SanDiegoPeeps

SanDiegoPeeps Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2010
    That's a biggie! We also had a giant egg the other day, not sure which hen laid it but it was also double-yolked! An omellete in itself...Well done.

6. paramedic07

paramedic07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Bergman, AR
    im up to 6-8 eggs a day myslef. at least a double yoker every odd day or so. those girls you have are layin good.

7. sunkissed

sunkissed Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2011
    AUSTIN
    Can't wait for mine to start laying!

8. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. jenesis536

jenesis536 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    CA
    I know - I am so happy! They only started laying a couple of weeks ago. We got 1 egg a day for 8 days straight... pretty sure it was the same girl 7 days in a row. Day 8 we got 2, one slightly larger so another girl... 2 a day for about 4-5 days... then 3 a day... then 4... the last few days it has been 5! I'm happy because (um, we have eggs!!!) because my 2 lt brahmas are slow to mature, and I expected them to be another month, but if I'm getting 5 a day I'm pretty sure they are all laying now. I was curious to know what the EE would lay, and it looks like she's the olive colored one. I have another EE that is only 11 weeks, so I'm hoping that one will lay a blue/green egg when the time comes.

Wasn't expecting 30-35 eggs a week or to have already given away a dozen eggs... kind of happy I can give some to a friend who needs to be as healthy as possible (stage 4 cancer at 30!)... Just gotta say, I am so happy we made the decision to start the whole process. It has been so rewarding. I love how my girls follow me around, share their personalities, make us laugh, and reward us with fresh, wholesome eggs.

10. lebentier

lebentier Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    SoCal
    fantastic!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by