got a chick!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Berynn, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Berynn

Berynn Cooped Up

Oct 13, 2007
    You guys are the third person that I told, The first was the ebay seller, the second was Dawn and Skip, They were my support persons, Last night at 1:15 AM my husband woke me up to tell me that one of the eggs cracked (pipped) This morning we woke up to one little furry butt.
    A short piece of membrane is stuck to her tail, she is wobbling around the bater sucking up all the humidity with her shell following her, pecking at the other eggs. Children are playing hooky today. My nine year old said that she will never forget this moment. My 15 month old grand daughter said baby.
    How much longer for the rest? And thanks for your support! [​IMG]

2. ZuniBee

ZuniBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Zuni, Virginia
    Congratulations! I knew you would get a chick. As far as the others... who knows. I still have a bunch and started thinking maybe they won't hatch. But just a few minutes ago I saw a pip. So, who knows. This is the hardest part....waiting.

Congrats again!

3. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    How awesome! Now let the fun begin. [​IMG] Keep us all updated and pics too.

4. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    Over the next couple of days, you should have more fuzzies!!! Congrats!

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    [​IMG]...Its fun!...Have more patience....they take their time....taking your first chicks out too soon compromises the rest from hatching...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  6. Berynn

Berynn Cooped Up

Oct 13, 2007
    I have 3 more pip's

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by