got a copperhead tonight, right in front of our coop.

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Dontcha hate it when that happens!!!!!

Quote:

Not a snake fan at all but I read and listen up from people have had experience.

Young copperheads shed 3-4 times a year, bigger ones shed twice depending on growth. Copperheads can't see when shedding, they secrete a fluid from their eyes and will strike at anything. Their eyes will be a murky blue. Some say if you smell cucumber and there aren't any around, it's a copperhead.
idunno.gif

We have copperheads, cottonmouths, pygmy and timber rattlers which are the only 4 poisonous snakes out of 33 or so in KY. Athough I did have a spreadhead keep striking at me one day this spring so blew it's head off. (I always carry a pistol 24/7) I try to leave non poisonous alone unless they are just plain nasty like that one. King snakes will keep copperheads away, OK cool.

Bites? My GF has lived in heavy snake territory 31 years. She has saved many a dog with a country trick. Not able to get to the vet? Shove a gob of bacon grease down it's throat. Somehow the grease absorbs the venom. Work? I don't know, she says it does and dogs lived.

Back
Top Bottom