got a copperhead tonight, right in front of our coop.

TheCapps'

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 17, 2011
Suffolk, Virginia
first snake we have seen, we've only lived here four months now, but the neighbors who have been here 7 years said they have never seen a snake.
copperhead.jpg

thats a good size copperhead glad nobody got bit. my sister lives in va a few months ago her hubby an to kids found one an he started to play with it with there son who is 9 she come walking out an said what the h--- are you doing thats a copperhead her hubby says ops an then killed it she was so md.lol

the pic may be a little deciving, it was maybe 2ft and 3/4 to an inch in diameter. I think they get bigger, the craziest part was after i completely severed the head, it was still trying to strike at me when i got close to it. I have always heard with a poisonous snake to burn the head as that is where the venom is, just to be sure noone accidentally gets injected. pretty wild to see a severed head be consious of what is going on.

same thing here-we had one we beheaded and it would try to strike for a long time after.....just turn it's head toward you and try to bite you. I looked at my husband and said "that thing is made from the devil". nasty things!!!!! they have that old saying " they don't really die till the sun goes down"---I believe it!

Back
Top Bottom