Got a few questions on chicks.

chickendude9

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 17, 2013
Snohomish, WA.
I'm new to the world of raising chicks. just got 4 on friday and getting more soon. i have a few questions:

-What does it mean when they stretch out one of there legs behind them? im assuming its normal but im not sure?

- They are 4 days old. Can they have worms yet? they scratch in there bedding a lot like they want worms?

-How often/much can you hold them?

lil ones stretch out there legs all the time.....it normal

i have given mine some meal worms befor im not sure how old they were but they were still in my bathroom so under a month, i still have them chickens there a year old and nothing bad happened to them...

im not sure if theres an amount that is to much to hold them, just clean your hands when done ... people say not to hold them more for the persons health...

welcome-byc.gif

handle them all you want... just wash your hands!!

They are scracthing in the bedding because it's fun, it's what chickens do, not because they are wanting worms in particular. If you do start feeding them anything besides their chick starter you will need to start giving them chick grit as well. I personally don't start giving treats or other stuff until chicks are 2 or 3 weeks old but that's a personal choice.

Back
Top Bottom