Got a hen laying around a lot past two days.

Oral is safer than injections, if you give it a drop or two at a time. But it can be given by injection. That is a lot of injecting into a little chicken’s breast muscle every day. If she is hungry, and you put it in her egg treat, she probably will scarf it down. Other possible things to hide Tylan in are cream cheese, liverwurst, peanut butter, but I like scrambled egg the best.

Oral is safer than injections, if you give it a drop or two at a time. But it can be given by injection. That is a lot of injecting into a little chicken’s breast muscle every day. If she is hungry, and you put it in her egg treat, she probably will scarf it down. Other possible things to hide Tylan in are cream cheese, liverwurst, peanut butter, but I like scrambled egg the best.
I think it'll be a miracle if she makes it through the night. Very weak. I have her the third dose by mouth. She's not eating, I must of caught it late. My avian vet doesn't open till Monday ugh. This stresses me out so bad.

Does it have to be orally? I've been giving injections in her breast tissue. I'm not comfortable with oral.
How to give oral medications https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

I agree, it would be better to give orally since Tylan50 is given multiple times a day, she'll be a pincushion before you're done. I'd worry about site necrosis from all the needle sticks.
Very good suggestions about hiding the medication, maybe one of these would work.

I have ?'s along this line also.... I have a young lethargic chicken.... I have made the electrolytes/Corid mixture.... How often should I be given her drinks from the dropper?
Welcome To BYC
Do you have a thread?
I would not mix electrolytes with Corid. Corid should be the only thing in drinking water.

Dose is 2tsp liquid Corid or 1 1/2 tsp powdered Corid per gallon of water given for 5-7 days.

If you bird is unable to drink, then she needs to be given as much Corid water as you can get into her throughout the day.
Are you sure you're dealing with Coccidiosis?

She's still alive, im taking her to my chicken vet tomorrow, hopefully they can get me in. She's just not eating watery poo and open mouth breathing. @wyordo you think its MG

I don't know if it's MG or not, you do have it in your flock, so it's a good possibility.

Do check her over for lice/mites, make sure her crop is emptying overnight, feel her abdomen for bloat or fluid.

Hopefully the vet can see her, while you're there, have them run a fecal float to see if you also need to deworm your flock.

Here at the hospital. I think they put her on oxygen
20230710_095423.jpg

@Wyorp Rock thank you . I didn't have them look into it any further. She was saying some scary prices to me. I wish I knew because I feel like that hen I got well from flystrike last year had the same symptoms 😕 if I have one that comes down with same symptoms I'll have them sent off for sure.

Back
Top Bottom