Got a letter from the town...

Quote:
I have no idea why they are after me, I have barley any neighbors, and the chickens pretty much stay in the back yard and out of site. And since a coyote killed more then half of my flock they've been penned up. I know tons of people around me that have chickens and don't have a problem with it.

Ya know it really tics me of when someone tells me what I can have as pet or whatever I stay on my side of the fence so to speak and if you don't like what I do on my property than thats tough s**t ask them if they have a dog that barks and they'll prob zip there lips but it won't make a difference they have it in there head there going to mess with u anyway!!! now a days people aren't happy unless there telling others what to do and that fires me up more than anything in the world!!!!!!!!!!:thun

I mean I would understand if I had horses, sheep, goats, or cows or something. But I mean they're chickens, they're practically like my dogs. They don't bother anyone, don't go in anyone elses yard, and are quiet for the most part.

I agree with you Crowinking. Nothing gets me as riled up. I am getting ready for a couple of Pygmies. All the neighbors within 1000' of my property line signed giving their okay (as required by the county) Next door neighbor said no becuse he didn't like the look of the tin roof on my hen yard. So now I have to go to a hearing to determine if I can have a couple of tiny goats. I never complain about the free range barking dogs, skeet practice, ATV noise and their outside speakers left on all night so I wake up to Johnny Cash at 5 AM. The same neighbor sayes "I suppose you'll fence your whole pasture" Ugh, hello, if I want to fence anything on our land I will. Don't need a permit for a barn unless it's over 200 Sq Ft. So I'll go to the hearing and present my case and pay the 200.00 and ask permission all because of this one guy. The zoning people tell me it is a pretty sure bet it will go okay. Lets see if he shows up to protest. If he does I will start calling about every noise violation every time, I am the only one that gets up at 0500 around here. Oh and the sheriffs that is.

I would definitely contact them and let them know you have no farm animals. Take pictures showing the birds penned up. This is just so unfair!

Quote:
Well even if I do say I don't have any "farm" animals it says in the letter that " A complaint and an investigation of the subject premises by this office discloses that the following conditions are apparent: Keeping of Farm Animals in a Residential Zone." So someone must have complained...who? I haven't the slightest idea because I barley have any neighbors and it also said that an investigation was done, so that means someone from the town was on my property without me even knowing it.

Quote:
Well even if I do say I don't have any "farm" animals it says in the letter that " A complaint and an investigation of the subject premises by this office discloses that the following conditions are apparent: Keeping of Farm Animals in a Residential Zone." So someone must have complained...who? I haven't the slightest idea because I barley have any neighbors and it also said that an investigation was done, so that means someone from the town was on my property without me even knowing it.

I think the town of Montville should spend more time worrying about keeping the coyotes out of its residential areas and leave you and your pets alone!

Quote:

I think the town of Montville should spend more time worrying about keeping the coyotes out of its residential areas and leave you and your pets alone!

I know, seriously! Those coyotes are getting bolder and bolder. They aren't even afraid of us, come right up to us. What if they attacked a little kid or someones dog or something? And I talked to someone that said they were going through his garbage, he shot it in the butt with a paintball gun...havn't seen it since
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom