1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Got a new bantam... Help!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SweetPea010211, Sep 27, 2012.

1. SweetPea010211

SweetPea010211 New Egg

Sep 27, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Hello! We recently got a few new hens and are having trouble with finding the breed of my little lady. Her name is Lief. Thanks!

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

The pictures don't really tell me enough. I can't see what type of comb she has, or what colour her legs are, so a clear picture showing all that will definitely help us determine breed of your girl :)

1 person likes this.
  3. SweetPea010211

SweetPea010211 New Egg

Sep 27, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Hey! Sorry about the pictures here's another, hope it helps!

[​IMG]

4. K-12 Chickens

K-12 Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Michigan
    Maybe a White-Faced Spanish pullet? [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    either a Andalusian that's a black or a white face black spanish (her whole face will turn white with age)

1 person likes this.
  6. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Could be a Dutch.

1 person likes this.
  7. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Looks like a Dutch.

1 person likes this.
  8. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Definitely agree! Looks just like one :)

1 person likes this.
  9. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    i say a dutch bantam

1 person likes this.
  10. ESofVA

ESofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Keller, VA
    When my two black bantams were a bit younger...they are 3 1/2 months old now....everyone on here thought Black Dutch and I even sent some photos to a man that used to show the Dutch and he told me it was. Now their earlobes are growing and the white is beginning to spread over their faces. They had blue ears when younger but no white around their heads. Both the pullet and roo had a white flight feather but that has now gone, too. "Puck", the roo, decided one day that he liked me and was going to be my friend. I was cleaniong a pen and he came over and jumped on my arm. Now everytime I leave the house by the back door he comes running to get treats, pets, and a nice sleeping place. He is the sweetest bird I have. This morning I was going to my first buy, sell, trade event and was opening the door to their pen to catch and get my chickens ready to go. I was standiing straight up and suddenly I had a chicken on the top of my head. It was "Puck", my white-faced Black Spanish.

Does your chicken have any blue around its ears?
    Where did you get her??

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by