Got a new pet

Goddess hen 763

Chirping
Sep 25, 2019
This is the new memeber of my pet family. (Don’t be negative, sent she beutiful)

83154F68-9575-4347-A483-9995F1284F3E.jpeg

She is beautiful. I am not really a fan of snakes but I don't dislike them either. At one time I was considering turning a black snake loose in my house for mouse control. I decided against it because I was afraid I would get up in the night and step on him.

Good idea. If you need mouse and rat killer, get a cat from a local animal shelter. I recommend a black cat because they seem to be more skittish and “mean “ to animals smaller than him. You can get a tank aquarium and all the things for under 100 bucks. Please look at getting a pet snake instead of letting one go.

Not much of a fan of snakes - but they have their place and I am always glad to see them outside.
How big is she? and what type of snake? python?

Good idea. If you need mouse and rat killer, get a cat from a local animal shelter. I recommend a black cat because they seem to be more skittish and “mean “ to animals smaller than him. You can get a tank aquarium and all the things for under 100 bucks. Please look at getting a pet snake instead of letting one go.
Was this post meant for me? The black snake I mentioned was one that was roaming around outside my house. My neighbor caught it to show it to me. If I had turned him loose in the house it would have been for a short term and then I would have put him back outside. I had a group of some sort of rodents scurrying around in my attic chewing on my wiring. A black snake moved in and took care of the problem so I figured one would do the same thing in my house. I didn't want a pet snake. I wanted a mouse eater. I since acquired a Ragdoll cat. Much to my surprise he is an excellent mouser. However, I don't know which is worse, the mice or him charging through the house after them.

Back
Top Bottom