got a sqwacker taking credit for egglaying

i have read that silkies are somewhat unreliable when it comes to laying. i have four, two ? white hens and a black and a partridge (kinda) rooster. they flock with the buff brahmas, but keep to themselves. very gentle but skiddish. i hope that next spring they get broody, kinda curious to see what the mix will be with white and black or brown. hope your silkies dont disappoint and make you proud. since i am learning about my girls, i am by no means an authority. just keeping up.
I'm the same. I have had them for months but I'm still learning... mine are a little skiddish but the more time I spend the more they warm up. My silkie hen now will come over to me (they are in a tractor so she is still away from me in a way). I put her up on my lap and she protested for a minute but could jump down and stayed up there =) My roo also runs away from me but once I pick him up he is generally fine.

heres funny, my little brown and partridge colored silkie crowed today, it sounded like a squeeky toy. he is a bantam silkie, i couldnt help but laugh. he stood tall, which is almost ten inches, flapped his fuzzy wings and let out the sqeeky crow. he was next to my dominique, who belted his out and could be heard for blocks

Back
Top Bottom