got a start on the chicken run

Grass

Songster
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Salem,Ohio
finally gogt a start on a run for my chickens.i been working hard to get it finished the last few days.just got the wire streched today around the outside.i still have to enclose the top with wire today.just wanted to post a few a pics of the start.will post more after i get the hole cut for chicks access door.
IM000859.jpg

i think my wife was impressed i got this far in day
IM000863.jpg

IM000864.jpg

Man, that looks great to me. I wish I had a nice BIG building like that to use. I'm kind of cramped on space for the coop. But I think I might have found a way around that. Keep up the good work. Chris

wanted to update my progress with more pics and get some input from some of you on how to put a door on my openening so i dont have any need to go inside the building.managed to get it cut thismorning.i still have to cover the top of the run with something to.the wife thinks i should do 3 sheets of plywood and roof half of it
i was thinking for the door cover to go with the rope and eyebolt setup i've seen so many use in there designs
IM000875.jpg
IM000872.jpg

I like your run; really a nice, clean look to it. I think your wife has a good idea about covering half of it with plywood. The chickens will be able to access the run in more inclement weather. What a nice spot under the tree!
I hope your chickens realize what a terrific set up they have.
smile.png

Carla

Very nice! I'm going to cover part of my runs that I'm building. It seems like my girls won't go outside in our rainy months much, and they really need the extra space.

Back
Top Bottom