Got a summer Job!

pbjmaker

Crowing
11 Years
May 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Background information:

I have worked for the local school district as an associate since 1999. Full time until 2008, then I quit to student teach in 2009. My dad got very ill and recently passed, so I have been subbing since 2009 as an associate ( I did not finish my degree due to his illness). Anyhow - money is tight for me during the summer since there is no sub work. Well I saw this job posting for teaching reading during the summer to kids from low income schools. It is through Americorps. It is part-time, pays just enough to cover my bills and puts my student loans into forbearance for the summer. On top of it at the end of the summer I get almost $1200 towards my student loans! Sounded perfect to get back into the swing of finishing my degree plus would look good on a resume. I also like working with "challenging" students.

The posting was older so I sent an e-mail to the person in charge asking if there was still openings. She never replied so I figured they were all full.

Turns out the lady had an emergency and someone else just took over yesterday. She hired me today without an interview since I already work for the district! Woo Hoo! I was number 20 of the 22 they are hiring and they still had several people to sort through.

I got a job! I got a job! And it's not retail
celebrate.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom