Got a troubled mind? Vent here. (within rules, of course!)

Quote:
That would so annoy me! Those are your chickens!

I had a lady buy some chickens from me last year, nice healthy young pullets. I asked if she wanted a roo to go with that and she said she didn’t want to have a roo. No problem. Well, I just advertised on CL getting rid of some of the layers. Sure enough she contacts me and wants them until she remembers that she bought the other 2 pullets from me and made a comment about “crazy hens”. When I asked her what the problem had been I never heard back. Really? Crazy? Those pullets were as friendly as they come. All I can imagine is that they may have tried to take on an alpha role without a male present but crazy?

Some people can be so rude and ungrateful.....
rant.gif

My boss just scheduled me to work New Years day knowing my family was going to have our traditional fish fry and I'm the cook. I would like to tell him to take a flying leap but I need the money. Boy I would like to give him a swift kick in the butt. It seems like every time I have something planned with my family he pulls this crap. Sometimes I would love to confront him about all the stupid crap he pulls and the way he treats people but I'm afraid I'll lose my temper, and I have a very hot temper but so does my boss. It could escalate out of control very quickly. I'm not afraid he'll hurt me but the other way around. So I'll probably see if I can't reschedule the fish fry and just suck it up and do it. I think I'll make as much money as possible and rat hole as much back as possible. Sorry for a intro to a novel but aaarrrrrgggghhh!!!!!!
barnie.gif

Quote:
I've been there numerous times. Always gets better, but hard to see that when your in the middle of it. Please talk to someone. Sometimes someone that doesn't know you is the best. I'm a big believer in therapy/counseling. I don't talk well with my family, but find it easier to talk to a dr or therapist. Hope things get better. You've always got people here to talk to.
smile.png

I feel kind of silly, since many of you have bigger problems than me, but here's mine. I'm tired of needing to lose weight. Got about 40 -50 lbs I've been trying to lose for what seems like forever now. Physical activity has been minimal, due to hip problems, but hopefully that will change soon. Hard to lose weight just by diet alone, especially if you LOVE sweets, and hate veggies, lol! Just feels like a huge monkey on my back. Something that is there everyday.
I've also been bothered by family lately. I realize this probably seems petty but I'm kind of upset that aside from my dad and my hubby and kids, no one in my family or my hubby's family came to visit me in the hospital or even sent flowers, or even a card. I've been hospitalized twice this year, two different hip replacements. Both times in the hospital for 4 days each. The first time around, my hubby and kids brought me some nice cards and flowers, and of course, my dad stopped by with a nice card. My mom didn't even contact me till the 2'nd day, and that was by text. My mil and fil texted me the 2'nd day. My dad got mad that my brother and sister didn't contact me, so I think he must have said something to them, because my sister did text me the 3'rd day in the hospital. My brother didn't call me till a week after the surgery. My hubbys brother and sil never once said anything to me or anyone about my surgery, and I even saw them a week and a half after it. The second surgery, my mom texted me the 2'nd day, and my sister sent some really nice texts. (In her defense, she has been really there for me after the first surgery, when I was having some major problems with pain meds.) My dad visited with a nice card. My hubby and kids visited, but no card or flowers. He even argued with me while I was in the hospital, because I got mad that he took a phone call while he was supposed to be visiting me. - I'm sorry, but you don't argue with your wife while she is laying in a hospital bed, recovering from major surgery and on drugs. No one else texted me or visited me or even sent a card. I guess everyone thought it was good enough to ask hubby how I was doing.My brother called and left a message, but that was a week after the surgery again. Pretty sure my dad said something to him, again. I know it seem silly, but it really hurt my feelings. In my opinion, my sister is the only one with an excuse, she lives out of state. Everyone else lives less than 40 minutes away from the hospital, my mom and brother live even closer. I know I should not let this bother me and my head says that its petty to be so upset by this, but it really bothers me nonetheless. I'm nothing but nice to my extended family. We don't fight,( me and hubby do, but not with anyone else) and if they need something, I'm there. I'm really upset about my mom, but not surprised. I'm pretty close with hubbys parents, and really surprised that they didn't even send a card with him to give to me. My husband did get me some flowers once we were already home, but that was after I had a meltdown telling him how hurt I was by him and everyone. I keep thinking it must be something I'm doing that would cause this, but not sure what that could be. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get over it. Just venting per op's request, lol!

Quote:
I hope he's doing OK! How is he? My husband had surgery years ago for a disease called Barrett's Esophagus, and he's doing great. This surgery was done to prevent cancer from his acid reflux....Before, he could barely eat anything without painful acid reflux......

Hope everything is Ok with your hubby!

Sharon

Quote:
Hi there! I've had depression and anxiety for years. It took a long time for me to realize that I needed some medication....I feel so much better.....The chemistry in my brain is off....I don't produce enough seratonin....It's no different than your pancreas not working properly, so you need insulin, or your blood pressure being off, so you need blood pressure meds.....If you look at it that way, maybe you can understand and not feel so bad about trying some meds.....

Go to the doctor and talk about it.....No need to struggle and struggle for years.......
smile.png

Take care and good luck to you!

I hate high blood pressure!

Mine was normal a couple of months ago. Well it was borderline when I went to the doctor for some breathing issues. I had ridden my bicycle over to his office and it would be expected to be a bit high after that. Anyway I was given albuterol to see if that helped with the breathing. Albuterol has side effects of increasing blood pressure and causing cardiac rhythm problems. My blood pressure went through the roof and I started having PVCs like crazy. A few thousand dollars of tests later and my breathing is about the same but my doctor insists on putting me on an anti depressant for anxiety because he thinks that I am a bundle of nerves. He did put me on a beta blocker for high blood pressure to try to get it down.

I'm not a bundle of nerves until I start thinking about the money spent for pretty much nothing and my doctors insistence on starting me on an anti depressant.

Quote:
Hi there! I've had depression and anxiety for years. It took a long time for me to realize that I needed some medication....I feel so much better.....The chemistry in my brain is off....I don't produce enough seratonin....It's no different than your pancreas not working properly, so you need insulin, or your blood pressure being off, so you need blood pressure meds.....If you look at it that way, maybe you can understand and not feel so bad about trying some meds.....

Go to the doctor and talk about it.....No need to struggle and struggle for years.......
smile.png

Take care and good luck to you!

x2. I've suffered from it since childhood, but didn't get help for it till in my 20's. Alot of wasted years! I agree, there is no problem being on meds, if that is what you need. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be here if I weren't on meds. There is alot of false views around taking meds, and its too bad. Most people on meds are on them because their body isn't producing what it needs to stay happy on its own. My mom used to tell me that meds were just a crutch. Glad I didn't listen to her. She could really use some help herself, but she won't go see anyone.

Quote:
I wrote a novel a few posts after yours, about a similiar situation. I understand what you are going through. What's wrong with family? Are they really so busy that they can't even call and see how's it going? I hope your husband is doing well.
smile.png

Quote:
I don't have chickens anymore either. I got rid of them all in the Fall and then raised a batch of Cornish X. They are all in my freezer now. So I am chickenless.

Darin

Back
Top Bottom