got another incubator...is it ok?

Tsagirl

Songster
12 Years
Dec 9, 2007
Springfield,OR
soooo...I broke down and got a Little giant still air because my hatcher that I build, the temps fluctuate soo much and I would be scared the babies would not survive. So took my good hard earned $40 to the feed store and bought one as a hatcher.
roll.png
big_smile.png

Has anyone had good luck with the little giant? Do you think it might be better then the hovabator 160N that I have. BTW....(side note) bought a fan for it...YEA!
wee.gif

Now lets hope it works. I have eggs that go into the hatcher on the 16th and out of the 24 that I recived, 19 have babies. whoohoo. Then Jodys eggs go into the hatcher on the 18th and Lisas eggs go in at the end of this month. I have my own personal hatching operation. LOL

Next batch will be for my daughters classroom!
ep.gif
love.gif

OK hope to hear from you all....I love everyones imput!
clap.gif

jumpy.gif

Hi,
There is a group of fellow BYC'ers that are using little giants and we are in the midst of incubating....I'm thinking everyone on that thread are first-timers...I am.
search that thread..something on there may help you.
Best Wishes
fl.gif

Edited to add: the name of the thread is Please Hold My Hand

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 3 LGs all are forced air. I have good luck with them. I have learned to control the humidity with the red plugs and the temp holds good for me. I have one going now with 23 eggs in it. I also have a turner that i use . One i use as a hatcher.

I personally don't like the little giant, but I am using it for a hatcher, and it seems to work for that purpose. I wouldn't use it anymore for incubating, the temps were too uneven. I got the hovabator, and someday when I sell lots of chickies I'll use the money to buy a sportsman or something like it
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom