1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Got any ideas???¿¿¿???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by emmachickgirl, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    It's definitely a mixed breed. The owner actually thought it was an Ameraucana when he bought it which probably means whoever sold it to him sold it as an Ameraucana. Since hatcheries commonly and incorrectly market their Easter Eggers as Ameraucanas, I think this one was likely a hatchery bred Easter Egger. With those whitish legs, she may even have some Marans in her and be an Olive Egger. As you said, her condition is so poor, it's hard to tell what her exact feather coloring would be.

2. emmachickgirl

emmachickgirl Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2015
    Temecula California
    Not really she was missing a few feathers but not like the way she is know and what I reaseched is that EE lay green ish eggs but the lays a kinda pink/cream looking egg

3. and-roo

and-roo Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmm... Do you have any pictures of her when she had more feathers?

4. Michael OShay

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Greenish is the most common color with Easter Eggers, but they can also lay blue, olive, beige, and sometimes even a pale pink. This variety of egg colors is the reason they're called "Easter Eggers." The fact that she lays a pinkish egg is confirmation that she is in fact an Easter Egger. The pic below is three shades of EE eggs including a pale pink one.
    [​IMG]

5. emmachickgirl

emmachickgirl Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2015
    Temecula California
    No I don't have one when she had more feathers I wish I did though

6. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

@Michael OShay will one EE hen lay different colored eggs or will each hen tend to lay the same color?

7. sophiaw00

sophiaw00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2015
    Illinois
    After an EE hen lays her first egg, whatever color it was will be the color she will lay for the rest of her life .

1 person likes this.
  8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Whatever breed she is, you need to separate her from that rooster. I'm okay with hens being a little bare backed, but that poor bird looks horrible. She needs to be pulled from the rooster and given some high protein feed to help her repair all those feathers. Poor thing.

9. Michael OShay

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    X2 on the above post.

1 person likes this.
  10. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I had a silver laced wyandotte hen that laid pink eggs, so just because a hen lays pink(ish) eggs does not mean she is an EE. Just saying....

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by