BigBlueHen53

❤️ Exodus 20:8-11 ❤️
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Mar 5, 2019
SE Missouri, USA
More and more of my EE and BL pullets are coming into production. They are about 20 weeks old, I've sorta lost count. Every new egg is a joy, but I've been hoping I'd get at least one little "fairy egg" as things get started... and today I did! And yes, I know these have other names, like wind egg, fart egg, rooster egg ... but I like fairy egg best. Anyway, here it is. By itself and with a row of other eggs. It's not the smallest I've ever seen, but is smaller than the two pullet eggs next to it. The olive egg and brown egg on the end are from my mature hens.
20190814_190503.jpg
20190814_190332.jpg

I'm going to try emptying it so I can save it. If it were smaller I would just hope it would dry up inside on its own but I'm afraid I'll be sorry if I try that!

@BigBlueHen Don't fret too much... one or maybe two of my girls started last week in laying. I got two medium-sized eggs and one really tiny egg...almost the size of a Chukar egg...the other two were double yolkers! It's new for them and you & I.

Got another one today, as a birthday present to me, and it was at best a "Small" egg...not as small as the Chucker sized one I got last week but nonetheless a great birthday present.

Not to worry though...all will be good in the long rung...just keep the water clean, give them good feed, keep a watchful eye on them, and sing to them like they are your best lover ever.

Last edited:
I got my first fairy egg last week...it was amazing and beautiful! I don't know which of my girls made it but it was just so darn cute...small...that I had to take a picture compared to the other two eggs I got...they are amazing for sure...

Attachments

• IMG_3881.JPG
    IMG_3881.JPG
    320.1 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom