Got harassed because of my cat

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
Before you judge me and be rude I'm currently have low funds, my parents hate my cat already, and I don't need more stress.

I posted about how my cat has been sneezing the past 3 days and everything aside from the sneezing is normal about her. I only wanted to know what would cause her to sneeze other than dust and allergies.

Some lady decided to harass me about how I'm not taking her to the vet and asking on online...like...really? Do you really have to be rude to me?

I mentioned about how: 1. I don't drive 2. my parents won't even take my cat to the vet 3. I'm currently low on funds due to buying cat food last week 4. I'm currently trying to get my very first job so that I can keep my cat

She decided to PM me and harass me further. She got blocked and reported.

I'm stressed as it is, I don't need more things added to cause me to have a third panic attack for today.

If this 'rant/vent' post isn't allowed here, let me know or go ahead and delete it.

Last edited:
If this 'rant/vent' post isn't allowed here, let me know or go ahead and delete it.

Ranting and venting isn't an issue, but bringing drama from another forum is.:oops: If you edit out the references to what happened on the other forum, it will probably be OK.

I'm sorry to hear that a pet is the (indirect) cause of so much stress in your life. My "purr therapists" think some folks need to get their priorities straight!
smiley_emoticons_fips_nicken.gif

Last edited:
I know people that run their pets to the vet anytime they sneeze or something. I always ask them if they run themselves to the doctor every time they sneeze. I agree with Ribh, as long as Nyx is eating, drinking, peeing, pooping and otherwise acting normal, I’d just keep a close eye on her. That’s smart to keep her separate from the others too, just in case.

So sorry you are so stressed. I'm a cat lover from way back. If Puss is showing no other symptoms then I reckon she is probably fine & no need to worry. Probably just sneezing to clear her nasal passages.
Nyx is acting completely fine other than the sneezing.
I just put some cat nose drops in her water since our other cat had a nose problem last month so I figured it would at least help a little.

Has anything changed from before-sneezing to after it started? Like change in food, environment, or other pets? Are the sneezes violent or regular type? How often? Could she have gotten something stuck in her nose?

My family's dog started sneezing after she played outside and they were violent sneezes like she had something in her nose. She sneezed a small amount of blood so we got worried and took her to the vet. They looked up her nose and couldn't find anything but think she had a foxtail sticker up her nose and sneezed it out before getting to the vet.

If the sneezes aren't violent, just the kind used for dust or something, keep an eye on her but you shouldn't freak out. If it's really concerning you, keep track of how she is sneezing and how often, it's easier to convince others there is an actual issue if you have records.

I hope she feels better soon and that this is just temporary. :hugs

Her sneezes are more like as if she got dust in her nose but aside from our laundry room, there's no dust for her to get into. She hates the laundry room anyway so I don't think she got into dust.
After someone suggested, I checked her over and she seems perfectly fine.

Maybe a dumb question--have you changed the litter in the litterbox. I mean actually changed it, like brands. Or started using a new laundry detergent/softener?perfume/cologne/shampoo, etc. My housebun started sneezing when we switched fabric softeners. I am deathly allergic to febreeze, most air fresheners, and the mold/mildew/dust that gets tracked into the house when it starts to thaw outside.

Firstly delete the post that is causing all the angst then block the haters. That will give you more peace of mind. Honestly, from the sound of things, I think your cat is fine & a vet visit would be money down the drain. it is natural to worry when a pet shows symptoms but as it otherwise seems well & happy I would go with that. If it wasn't eating or dehydrated or lethargic I would be more concerned but as it isn't go with the positive.

Back
Top Bottom