will posts pics sometime

banties
the rooster is a mean little fella for only bein a few months old
hes top chicken out of the 6 new chickens i bought

any 1 have any expierence with their attitude
if so id be interested in hearing about them
theyve both got tons of personality

Quote:
Congrats! I have 3 pairs of Bantam Modern Games. They are Birchen.
None are aggresive and they all have awesome personalities!
smile.png

A BB Red was champion modern not a Brown Red. A brown Red was reserve modern.

I hate too be a kill joy, but simply because the birds parents win a show, or are show quality, that in no way means all their offspring, or any of their offspring will be show quality. U can't tell a whole lot about a bird at just a few months, just a general idea. U are always better of buying birds that are grown and mature, so u know what u have. I would also recommend to ANYONE that is getting into bantams, ur first purchase should be an ABA Standard. Study, study, study it, and when u decide what variety u want, take it with u when u go to purchase birds, and look then over closely. Then ask the breeder to point out the birds faults, and how to fix them in future generations, what to look for and what to avoid. If the breeder won't do that for u, walk away. A good honest, knowledgeable breeder will know his birds, faults and Strong points and isn't afraid to point them out.

Last edited:
I have to say the Modern Games at the Ohio National were some of the best I have ever seen. Also some of the best all time Modern Bantam breeders were there. I am still drooling over the Brown Red and the BB reds.

Quote:
That is true about the birds parents, you don't know if any offspring will be show quality

Although I love to watch the bird's grow, mature and then see what I've got! Part of the fun of the whole experience!

Alot of Breeders will sell their "rejects" very cheap, and not tell you! That is why you need the book!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom